Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I called SVS this morning because I just wasn’t happy with my base response. Loud enough, but lacking punch. I spoke with Jeff. He was familiar with Audysse. He tweaked a few things, and more importantly answered all of my questions regarding base management.

the result was that i turned the gain up on the subs and turned the trim on the speakers And subs down significantly On the AVR..

eliminated some boominess (is that a word.) gave me clearer more pronounced high’s, changed the overall performance of the JBL’s.

I listened to NPR Tiny Desk concert series for 2 hours From a 4K fire stick. Clean articulate bass

more than a year after purchase, SVS still taking care of customers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I love SVS as a company. I haven't bought anything from them in over 3 years and they still bend over backwards to help. Check out this thread I posted about it. He (Ed Mullen!) was super patient, helpful and answered all of my questions.

About 2 1/2 years after I bought my bookshelf speakers they were willing to give me full trade-in credit (normally you have to trade up within a year for full credit, per their policy) for one of my books to put toward a regular center channel. I had just gotten a bigger tv and wasn't sure of the book would still fit underneath. Turns out it does, but I thought it was really cool of them to work with me there too.

I say it all the time, their customer service is unparalleled. Once you get into their ecosystem it's tough to get out!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I’ve heard good things about SVS not just from members on AH.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I had two subs by them and amp blew out on one and was replaced fast as heck. Ed is the man via phone or email. Hopefully one day I can rebuy a sub from them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I had two subs by them and amp blew out on one and was replaced fast as heck. Ed is the man via phone or email. Hopefully one day I can rebuy a sub from them.
A similar situation happened to me. There was a problem with the gain pot on one of my subs. Once we got it troubleshot they sent me a replacement which arrived within 2 days. Put the old one in the same box, return shipping was already paid, and sent it back. Easy peasy. Some companies will make you return the defective gear before sending out a replacement and it's a much longer, more drawn out process. And I get it, you have to protect your assets, but SVS always puts the customer first. I was very pleased with the way the entire situation was handled, and fast too!

Hench4Life

Hench4Life

Junior Audioholic
This is great to hear. It's too easy for people to b**ch about a product, but harder to remember you're happy and give kudos. I tend to buy from those types - over and over.

I've heard similar stories not only for direct buyers of SVS, but those who purchase products on the secondary. It's too easy for a company to say "we have no idea what happened to the product to cause it to do this, it's out of warranty, so good luck!"

If they believe in their product, then they'll back it up whether you're the first or the third owner. I can't think of a better reason to go back to those people when I'm ready to spend some serious cash, or recommend a product to somebody else. A smart business has figured that out. And, it's another reason SVS is on my short list if I ever have need of a product they offer. Glad you've got it sorted out!

Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
I called SVS this morning because I just wasn’t happy with my base response. Loud enough, but lacking punch. I spoke with Jeff. He was familiar with Audysse. He tweaked a few things, and more importantly answered all of my questions regarding base management.

the result was that i turned the gain up on the subs and turned the trim on the speakers And subs down significantly On the AVR..

eliminated some boominess (is that a word.) gave me clearer more pronounced high’s, changed the overall performance of the JBL’s.

I listened to NPR Tiny Desk concert series for 2 hours From a 4K fire stick. Clean articulate bass

more than a year after purchase, SVS still taking care of customers.
So what changes did you make in the settings of both the AVR and the Sub?
Glad it worked out for you. I have the SB3000 and it is quite the sub but I'm always interested in improving quality.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have the SB4000. Really impressed with the output for being a sealed sub.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
So what changes did you make in the settings of both the AVR and the Sub?
Glad it worked out for you. I have the SB3000 and it is quite the sub but I'm always interested in improving quality.
I was running the subs hot at receiver and speaker levels. Dialed them back, adjusted the crossovers on the center and surrounds.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Free giveaways. Later today. Who’s tuning in?
Join us this Thursday, May 14 at 6 p.m. ET on the SVS Facebook page and SVS YouTube Channel to discuss what we’ve been listening to, answer questions from our community and give away some sweet SVS products. Along with DJ Jazzy Jeff, of course we’ll have SVS President Gary Yacoubian, National Training Manager #TheLarry McGough and Vice President Nick Brown.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Free giveaways. Later today. Who’s tuning in?
Join us this Thursday, May 14 at 6 p.m. ET on the SVS Facebook page and SVS YouTube Channel to discuss what we’ve been listening to, answer questions from our community and give away some sweet SVS products. Along with DJ Jazzy Jeff, of course we’ll have SVS President Gary Yacoubian, National Training Manager #TheLarry McGough and Vice President Nick Brown.
I got that email too. What time does it start? I think this is the third one they've done now. I kept meaning to catch it, but forget about it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I got that email too. What time does it start? I think this is the third one they've done now. I kept meaning to catch it, but forget about it.
Six o clock. I’ve missed all of them. This one should be fun with DJ Jazzy Jeff. :)

Hench4Life

Hench4Life

Junior Audioholic
Free stuff is always good. They're a little vague though - you can do this on either their FB or YT? Maybe they'll give more specific instructions on how to win once it starts.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
H4L I think you ask a question on FB/YB then names gets randomly picked to win a prize. An hour and a half to go. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis