SVS 1000 Series Subwoofers Get a Major Redesign

D

dmoeller17

Audiophyte
Really what the measurements and size rating James. Curious if two of these will cut it in a 14x22x8 room with door openings vs the PB2000 PRO's? Probably your just getting louder lower extension with the 2000 series.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Really what the measurements and size rating James. Curious if two of these will cut it in a 14x22x8 room with door openings vs the PB2000 PRO's? Probably your just getting louder lower extension with the 2000 series.
I am still in the review process with the 1000 Pros at the moment, and I haven't measured them yet so I can't give you a bassaholics room rating. I would say that whether they cut it or not in your room is a matter of your personal expectations. There are some people for whom two of these would be absolute overkill, and there are other people for whom it would be nowhere near enough SPL. They don't have the performance of the 2000 Pros, of course, but that is reasonable. I don't want to say a whole lot more since I don't want to spoil the review, and the review won't be published for a while, but you can find out whether they are enough pretty easily by just ordering one. If it suffices for you, good, and if it doesn't just arrange to return it, you don't stand to lose anything other than a little bit of time.

G

gattaca

Enthusiast
Maybe you just need David Gage at Deep Sea Sound to do a WAF friendly build? (he uses good amps, too....)
+1 Yes, Mr. Gage exceeded my very high WAF/SAF criteria of "No more big black boxes (monoliths) in the great-room." was her bottom-line. Since this was not a dedicated HT setup but the main room of the home, 10-4 was the only path forward. ;)

Last edited:
F

felipe

Audioholic
I did the trade up program and should be receiving dual SB 1000 Pros in a day or two. With my newly acquired UMIK-1 mic and REW, I can now better see how these subs measure and make corrections where needed...Audyssey with the Editor app can only do so much ;). Can't wait.

F

fallawayj

Audiophyte
HI I do own the SVS SB1000PRO and it blends seamlessly with my Canton 9k stand mounted speakers.If you are in the market for speakers Canton reference series are excellent and well worth a listen.The SVS remote cellphone adjustment is the bomb. Additionally the sub does add detail in the low registry but my guess it does not go down below 32 hz. pushing its limits brings on a bit of bloat/tubbieness.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis