SVS 1000 Pro Released!

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
It's real! So glad they got rid of that status light in the front and you can use the app now.

Just ordered dual SB1000's to test.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is the difference between previous 1000s just the amp/dsp? Any other changes?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The driver changed. Also... wasn't the previous 1000 series a 10"? (Don't recall.)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Is the difference between previous 1000s just the amp/dsp? Any other changes?
The PB1000 Pro have 12in drivers instead of 10in is one of the differences. Think you can adjust some settings from your smartphone too.

Edited to PB1000 Pro

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just in time:

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
Here there are, definitely small and haven't tweaked them at all but I appreciate the size. There is a slight electric whine from each one in the back when powered on but only noticeable if you're right next to them mostly.
4FED7CBF-454D-40C5-8FE7-F1A5CA102ADD.jpeg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Why the SB? Seems like the PB saw more changes, with a new larger driver and port configuration. Aside from power and dsp I'd think the SB1KP is more or less the same as the outgoing SB1K performance wise.

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
Why the SB? Seems like the PB saw more changes, with a new larger driver and port configuration. Aside from power and dsp I'd think the SB1KP is more or less the same as the outgoing SB1K performance wise.
No reason other than smaller size since I move a lot. Additionally, I'm not a bass head anymore, been there done that, and in a family room I prefer a certain look. When I retire and get a basement or dedicated room then I'll have a completely different setup like some Salk's with dual SVS 16" Ultra or something stupid but that's never the goal in the living room for me.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Nice clean setup. I bet those SB sound great with your music.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No reason other than smaller size since I move a lot. Additionally, I'm not a bass head anymore, been there done that, and in a family room I prefer a certain look. When I retire and get a basement or dedicated room then I'll have a completely different setup like some Salk's with dual SVS 16" Ultra or something stupid but that's never the goal in the living room for me.
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were just testing.

Just ordered dual SB1000's to test.

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
Nice clean setup. I bet those SB sound great with your music.
Thanks and yeah I'm one of the weirdos that went from an Atmos setup allllll the way down to 2.0 for about a year before buying these little guys. I listen to things at pretty low volume levels so it's nice to have a decent amount of bass when you want to turn it up. I would probably be happy with the 2000 series as well but I watch a movie once or a twice a month so don't really need all that untapped potential to sit there. Solid little subs for sure.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks and yeah I'm one of the weirdos that went from an Atmos setup allllll the way down to 2.0 for about a year before buying these little guys. I listen to things at pretty low volume levels so it's nice to have a decent amount of bass when you want to turn it up. I would probably be happy with the 2000 series as well but I watch a movie once or a twice a month so don't really need all that untapped potential to sit there. Solid little subs for sure.
I had a pair of SB1000s for a while. They were my first taste of really clean bass. After I got them integrated I was hooked. I'm pushing 6000'^3 in my room tho, so they struggled. I needed something bigger.

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
I had a pair of SB1000s for a while. They were my first taste of really clean bass. After I got them integrated I was hooked. I'm pushing 6000'^3 in my room tho, so they struggled. I needed something bigger.
Yeah I think most people should start off with the 2000 series as it's pretty much their do it all sub. I wouldn't recommend a new buyer get the 1000 series as they'll likely be underwhelmed.

G

grierts

Audioholic Intern
Yeah I think most people should start off with the 2000 series as it's pretty much their do it all sub. I wouldn't recommend a new buyer get the 1000 series as they'll likely be underwhelmed.
Duals PB 1000 Pros or one 2000 Series ??

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis