Surrounds and Heights Help

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
This forum has always been good to me, and I need help with my layout. I’m remodeling my first floor and I’m in the process of changing out my surrounds and height channels.

Current Set Up-

82” Sony A90J OLED

Denon 4700H

Emotiva XPA-3
Emotiva XPA- 8

LCR- Canton Chrono SL 596.2 DC
Surround - Flunace Bipole
Front Height- Fluance Signature
Rear Height- Some shitty Polks

Subs- 2 SVS PB-3000

My room has a semi open back wall into the kitchen. I also like to pull my TV 3’ off the wall for an even bigger picture. I also have a window on the one wall, that sucks. Currently running 5.2.4, but could go to 7.2.4 if I can swing it with the back wall.

I previously had the front and rear heights on the front and back wall, high up and angled down. They are too far away, per atmos, so I’m considering in ceiling or low profile on ceiling (even Focal Domes). I also want to upgrade my side surrounds.

I’m attaching pictures, please disregard cable management, the subs will be moved, once I hook up my mini dsp and get the living room set. I’m thinking about getting rid of the purple couch, and centering the love seat. At this point, I could care less about WAF or anyone else. I want this to sound as good as I can get it (within reason). Once I move the couch, I will be spreading out the front LCR even more.

Advice on placement, speaker type, speaker recommendations, should I try to put rear surrounds in, etc. Room Dimensions are below, with pics.

Room Dimensions

18’ long
14’ wide
9’ high

MLP is currently 10’ off tv wall, 3.5’ high.

87BB9630-63A8-41F5-8D4A-7658B098354B.jpeg
FD0D1975-3AC9-456F-A531-D151F45F17CF.jpeg
6B6B3A96-49CF-4904-B874-2EB836611D0B.jpeg
EFD1DABC-2568-4F9C-A726-CC771EBDAC94.jpeg
29F07BAB-1CFB-4AE9-8013-225778695FEB.jpeg

G

gibsongilbert

Audiophyte
My room has a semi open back wall into the kitchen. I also like to pull my TV 3’ off the wall for an even bigger picture. I also have a window on the one wall, that sucks. Currently running 5.2.4, but could go to 7.2.4 if I can swing it with the back wall.

I previously had the front and rear heights on gbwhatsapp the front and back wall, high up and angled down. They are too far away, per atmos, so I’m considering in ceiling or low profile on ceiling (even Focal Domes). I also want to upgrade my side surrounds.
first congratulation for this beautiful setup and second All speakers should be ear level when doing an Atmos system. You want the separation between bed layer and height layer so Atmos works properly.

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
Aim for the following angles for speaker placement.

This is all from the main listening position.

Center 0. Fronts 30. Side surrounds 110. Rear surrounds 150.

Atmos overhead speakers when using 4 speakers from vertical axis 35 degrees. Horizontal axis 35 degrees.

Your right that the front and back walls are not necessarily where the best placement is as it often has a huge gap overhead and therefore doesn't have the even bubble of sound.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis