Sunfire Cinema Grand and Yamaha Aventage/CX-A5100 match??

• Thread starter Carlos rodriguez
  • Start date
C

Carlos rodriguez

Junior Audioholic
Hello, I currently have a Sunfire Cinema Grand amplifier paired with an Ultimate Receiver, with the amp section disabled, basically a TGP III. I am looking to upgrade to HDMI, streaming, newer formats and updated DACS, and I am planning to get an Yamaha Aventage as preamp or a CX-A 5100 processor. I am international and can't return/ship items back, to try different options, I rely on the feedback of more knowledgeable peers.

My question is if Sunfires sound good with modern Yamaha, are they a good match???

My speakers are Klipsch RF-63 surround system, with dual RSW-10D's.

Thank you for you help!!!

Also posted on the Carver site, would really like feedback before taking any steps.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You mean in terms of pre-out levels from the Yamahas and the input sensitivity of the amp? Have been some Yamaha avrs with pre-out issues, try this https://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/yamaha-rx-a860. I somewhat doubt the pre-amp would have those issues myself but no experience with Yamaha, but have some Carver amps I've not had any issues with various pre-amps....

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Issues on preout voltages are on the A860 and V781 and 7810. No issues on 1060/2060/3060 or 5100 have been reported.

C

Carlos rodriguez

Junior Audioholic
Yep, I saw the issues on the RX-A your are referring to, and steering clear of those. Looking more at the RX-A1060 and up, or the CX-A5100.
My question was more on the sonic match, do you think they "pair" well?

Thank you for your help!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have no idea what you mean by sonic match, can you expand on that?

C

Carlos rodriguez

Junior Audioholic
I believe that to have synergy between the components that make up a system is important. Judging by your response, for amp/processor matching It is not as important as I first believed.

With Klipsch RF-63 and Sunfire amplifier, would you get the Yamaha?

Maybe I should just get it and see how it goes?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I believe that to have synergy between the components that make up a system is important. Judging by your response, for amp/processor matching It is not as important as I first believed.

I would go for it. The 5100 review here looked good. Good luck! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

One way to find out as they say. I mix my amps among various uses, setups. Don't think ever about matching it other than by making sure the output of the source matches well with the sensitivity/gain of the amp.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis