Sunfire Cinema Grand and Yamaha Aventage/CX-A5100 match??

• Thread starter Carlos rodriguez
  • Start date
C

Carlos rodriguez

Junior Audioholic
Ratings
Hello, I currently have a Sunfire Cinema Grand amplifier paired with an Ultimate Receiver, with the amp section disabled, basically a TGP III. I am looking to upgrade to HDMI, streaming, newer formats and updated DACS, and I am planning to get an Yamaha Aventage as preamp or a CX-A 5100 processor. I am international and can't return/ship items back, to try different options, I rely on the feedback of more knowledgeable peers.

My question is if Sunfires sound good with modern Yamaha, are they a good match???

My speakers are Klipsch RF-63 surround system, with dual RSW-10D's.

Thank you for you help!!!

Also posted on the Carver site, would really like feedback before taking any steps.

S

snakeeyes

Full Audioholic
Ratings
82 1
Issues on preout voltages are on the A860 and V781 and 7810. No issues on 1060/2060/3060 or 5100 have been reported.

C

Carlos rodriguez

Junior Audioholic
Ratings
Yep, I saw the issues on the RX-A your are referring to, and steering clear of those. Looking more at the RX-A1060 and up, or the CX-A5100.
My question was more on the sonic match, do you think they "pair" well?

Thank you for your help!

C

Carlos rodriguez

Junior Audioholic
Ratings
I believe that to have synergy between the components that make up a system is important. Judging by your response, for amp/processor matching It is not as important as I first believed.

With Klipsch RF-63 and Sunfire amplifier, would you get the Yamaha?

Maybe I should just get it and see how it goes?

S

snakeeyes

Full Audioholic
Ratings
82 1
I believe that to have synergy between the components that make up a system is important. Judging by your response, for amp/processor matching It is not as important as I first believed.

I would go for it. The 5100 review here looked good. Good luck! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Warlord
Ratings
3,480 16 36

One way to find out as they say. I mix my amps among various uses, setups. Don't think ever about matching it other than by making sure the output of the source matches well with the sensitivity/gain of the amp.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis
  • CEDIA