Suggestions for compatible receiver

L

labratradio

Audiophyte
Hi Everyone,

I have an old Bose Acoustimass 10, 5.1 home theater system, passive subwoofer that purchased from Saudi Arabia back in 1998. It was not used from 2004 years due to lightning that fried my PlayStation 1, Onkyo TX-???? model receiver and television. I got its health checked 100% functioning, cleaned and wrapped safely from our local Bose branch from my home country about 2 years ago.

I need help and suggestions on which receiver to purchase, brand, what specifications that should I look for without breaking the bank. Also, I wanna know if there are receivers that have different features such as Bluetooth, Chromecast, wifi connectivity that can be matched for this kind of old model of the theater system. I understand that some features might not work, but I want to know at least the minimum. I have a budget of 300 USD. I live in an apartment building.

Thank you for taking the time to read. Please stay safe.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, it appears that the Bose system can be used with any modern HT receiver.

Any features found on a modern receiver has nothing to do with the speaker system used, and that includes your Bose. All the manufactures have web sites that show their various models and all the features they have. Pick one in your price range that has the features you want.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis