Subwoofers for dedicated media room

M

mediabroom

Junior Audioholic
I will have 7.2.4 set up for dedicated media room (15' wide, 19" deep, 10' ceiling), no windows, with Revel speakers

Front 3 R/L/C - Revel W990 x 3

Atmos Ceiling x 4 - Revel C583

Surround x4 - Revel W383

Sony Projector VPL -VW295ES

Which sub woofers to get? I guess in wall sub woofers will be too expensive?

Any recommendations with upcoming Thanks Giving Day/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Whats the budget? In wall sounds like a pain to me, but if aesthetics and your budget accommodate it can be done.

Generally I'd look at SVS, Hsu, Power Sound Audio, Rythmik or Monolith..... perhaps a step up to Seaton, JTR and Funk.

M

mediabroom

Junior Audioholic
How big of subwoofers would I need for 15' x 19' media room and which one will be good for the speakers that I have chosen so they are neither under or over board.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
How big of subwoofers would I need for 15' x 19' media room and which one will be good for the speakers that I have chosen so they are neither under or over board.
I posted and Link the ones you need for that size room

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Dual Rythmik FV18

Dual Power Sound Audio TV1812

Dual JTR Cap2400

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
My neighbor already is not happy with my defiance x12. A deep sea 24 inch would shake my entire building

M

mediabroom

Junior Audioholic
I am thinking either SVS SB-2000 vs PB-2000

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I am thinking either SVS SB-2000 vs PB-2000
Don't do the SB. With your size room it really wouldn't be that effective. I would do the PB2000 or the PC2000. And in my personal opinion I do believe with your size room you need two of them. Either one now and save for another or do two right away. That is why I recommended the PB3000 in the above link. You see a subwoofer need to fill the room volume and any attached rooms with large openings. Those all need to be taken into consideration when purchasing a subwoofer or else they will be ineffective. Yeah you'll hear a little bit but you will not be getting the effect of what they're capable of doing. And that would be wasting money

M

mediabroom

Junior Audioholic
Tech guy at Crutchfield recommended SB-2000 and not PB-2000 for my room size (15' x 19'). He said PB-2000 will be overkill as I am buying dual subwoofers. He said SB-2000 has more clarity.

My room is closed dedicated media room with no windows and a single door.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General

These two HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP subs would provide an awesome bottom end with the Revels.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis