Subwoofer Speaker Replacement

Gigahertz

Gigahertz

Enthusiast
I did spend sometime looking at sub drivers, and that Dayton fits the bill the best.

If you want something better than what we have come up with, then my original advice stands. You need to build a new sub, which is the high road. My 18" Dayton sub design would give you what I think you are looking for.

Modding this sub will always be a second best option.
Ok, thank you very much. Short-term I'll be going with the RSS315HF-4, but I'll definitely want to get back to where I was. So looks like I'll be building a new sub this summer! Would you happen to have enclosure plans that you'd be willing to share for the 18" Dayton? And what amplifier should I buy for this application? Thanks again, GHz

W

Winkleswizard

Audioholic
Ok, thank you very much. Short-term I'll be going with the RSS315HF-4, but I'll definitely want to get back to where I was. So looks like I'll be building a new sub this summer! Would you happen to have enclosure plans that you'd be willing to share for the 18" Dayton? And what amplifier should I buy for this application? Thanks again, GHz
You would be way better off buying a second RSS315HF-4 and building two subwoofers that match.

Would save your back, budget and yield better sound!

Ww

Gigahertz

Gigahertz

Enthusiast
You would be way better off buying a second RSS315HF-4 and building two subwoofers that match.

Would save your back, budget and yield better sound!

Ww
Unfortunately, I don't have room upstairs room for 2 subs. So, I'll be relocating the RSS315HF-4 sub downstairs after I build my new sub.

W

Winkleswizard

Audioholic
Hey Ww, some of your parameters don't match the numbers that are on the PE website. Perhaps you entered another drivers parameters. If so, then I want that driver!

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rss315hf-4-12-reference-hf-subwoofer-4-ohm--295-464
Good catch.

I took the latest params from the Bassbox library, but after I catch some dinner, will update you and let you know the impact. Unfortunately, it not uncommon for driver vendors to update designs and still use the same part number...

Ww

Gigahertz

Gigahertz

Enthusiast
Good catch.

I took the latest params from the Bassbox library, but after I catch some dinner, will update you and let you know the impact. Unfortunately, it not uncommon for driver vendors to update designs and still use the same part number...

Ww
Ok, sounds good...thanks!

Gigahertz

Gigahertz

Enthusiast
Ok, so I came across another driver that may come close to my old Shiva...

Does anyone have any experience with Eminence Lab 12C?

GHz

W

Winkleswizard

Audioholic
Models well enough, but does not go as low as the Shiva.

Not a big fan of foam surrounds, but they are probably better than in the past.

Ww

D

decooney

Enthusiast
May be selling my pair of 12" Titanic MKIIIs soon. PM me if interested.

They are from my larger system I'm downsizing/remodeling rooms and moving the system to a much smaller room. I tried sealed and ported. Amazing effortless deep bass at low volume either way. These are the last of the good ones before the new Ultimax. See specs. Currently mounted in a pair of 3.0 cu ft boxes with a 14.5" long 4.0" diameter. Located in Northern California. Buy the woofers and I'll give you the 1" thick MDF custom made boxes, super braced, ridiculously solid. My loss your gain.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis