TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
About $300-$500 aus dollar.

I do have all the speakers, but just wanted to add the sub. I guess I can try add in the centre piece where the control is and try. Was hoping the stand alone sub would work.
Well, being in Australia makes a huge difference. Most of the decent subs, are American made and designed and not widely available outside North America.

I would not pursue that BA sb any more. It will be a much good as a sick headache anyway.

I have had a look at what is available, and your prices are outrageous, even for absolute junk. I can't find anything any good, anywhere near your price range.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, it won’t cost you anything to try using what you have there. Ok, maybe some of your patience, but that ain’t so bad.;)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
About $300-$500 aus dollar.

I do have all the speakers, but just wanted to add the sub. I guess I can try add in the centre piece where the control is and try. Was hoping the stand alone sub would work.
Had a quick look on Audiotrends and not very much selection under $500. Either the Cambridge Audio or Yamaha. The Cambridge only goes down to 34Hz, which is not much better than a full range speaker. The Yamaha is rated down to 28Kz but does not say at what +/- dB and is woefully underpowerd at 50W. Slim pickings indeed. If you find anything online in your area, maybe send us a link so we can look at the specs.

K

kagenx

Audiophyte
Had a quick look on Audiotrends and not very much selection under $500. Either the Cambridge Audio or Yamaha. The Cambridge only goes down to 34Hz, which is not much better than a full range speaker. The Yamaha is rated down to 28Kz but does not say at what +/- dB and is woefully underpowerd at 50W. Slim pickings indeed. If you find anything online in your area, maybe send us a link so we can look at the specs.
Are the Yamaha NS-Sw050 any good for budget?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Are the Yamaha NS-Sw050 any good for budget?
Agree with TLS Guy. At 50W of amplification that woofer simply can't move very much air. The Yamaha V667 has 90W per channel, so that Yamaha sub is way underpowered. It's really designed to be used with small satellite speakers, not those Dali towers.

I looked up the Dali Concept 6 and it's a nice small tower rated down to 41Hz. That's good enough for most music. I strongly encourage you to save your money. Those cheap subs will not add much and will not keep up with your towers at higher volumes. Enjoy your speakers for now and save up for a better subwoofer. Even if it takes a year or more, triple your budget and you will be much happier with the result.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis