Subwoofer placement

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Hello i bought a new subwoofer its on the way.
Crawling never worked for me. Is it any other alternative?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought you had already bought it! Well either way, congratulations! You did get the 12.17, yes?

Crawling is about the most reliable way I have found to find a good spot for a subwoofer. There really isn't a whole lot else you can do aside from just moving the sub, then listen at your seat, then move the sub again, go back to your seat... essentially it's the same idea as crawling around the room with your sub in your seat.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Hello i bought a new subwoofer its on the way.
Crawling never worked for me. Is it any other alternative?
Yes, let your wife/sig other pick the spot and just be happy ;)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I thought you had already bought it! Well either way, congratulations! You did get the 12.17, yes?
Its coming from Sweeden via UPS. It takes 15+ days to come. The day i said i bought it, i meant online purchase.
edge series yes.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Outsi
Which i dont know how to operate.
No one ever does until they learn.....sure, there's a learning curve and expense so hard to say if you'd think that a good alternative to something simpler like the crawl. It would have other potential use in measuring your room response for speakers, too....if that's of interest for the expense/time investment needed. You could start here perhaps https://www.minidsp.com/applications/acoustic-measurements/umik-1-setup-with-rew

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I would not recommend putting your subwoofer inside another enclosure like that. It can lead to all manner of sound aberrations, including but not limited to amplifying specific frequencies. You could certainly hide it under something open, like an end table if you desire.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't know what it's like to want great sound, but hate audio gear...

Thankfully, lol.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I would not recommend putting your subwoofer inside another enclosure like that. It can lead to all manner of sound aberrations, including but not limited to amplifying specific frequencies. You could certainly hide it under something open, like an end table if you desire.
End table is not open. Its something closed :rolleyes:

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Nice idea but...its 50cm tall. İt doesnt fit
i told Pogre 10.17 edge was better idea he didnt agree :cool:
Nobody agreed with the 10.17. Not sure why you want to hide the 12.17. It will make issues if you enclose it in a cabinet. Then you'll come back and ask us why it sounds terrible and we'll tell you take it out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis