Subwoofer placement

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Funny thing is i already have this ikea table in blue colour. its in my storage.
Well the point is, you can hide it without stuffing it into another box. You didn't say anything when I suggested using it by itself as an end table.
There is no place close to the tv. No place behind couch. There are places to put but a bit ugly for the room
Personally I think you need to end this persecution of audio gear! What'd it ever do to you? It's like you got married but don't want to be seen in public with your wife!

Your poor speakers and sub. Such a psychologically abusive environment. You're lucky no one has reported you to SPS (speaker protective services) and taken your speakers away!

:p :p :p

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Change your perspective, appreciate your equipment for it's ability to make you happy. Maybe then you'll be happy to have it visible. I love the look of my equipment and would not want to have to try and hide it:

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Change your perspective, appreciate your equipment for it's ability to make you happy. Maybe then you'll be happy to have it visible. I love the look of my equipment and would not want to have to try and hide it:

Nice setup. İ wish i has that space.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Agreed. Put some effort into it. Make it look nice and keep it that way. I think my room would look naked without my gear.

IMG_1311-1612x1209.JPG
IMG_1338-1612x1209.JPG

I don't think that's ugly at all! Also, you picked a white subwoofer, specifically, just to hide it??

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
12.17 edge. The biggest of this series,.
do you agree to any of this furnitures?
I put the subs where they work best for the most part, and I'd never put any of them inside another cabinet. Aesthetics aren't critical, especially if they interfere with acoustics.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm sitting here, right now, about to pull the trigger and buy a THIRD subwoofer!

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Not if the subwoofer IS your end table...
not a bad idea, its some narrow. No place for mouse. İt just takes the laptop. Also its what lovinthehd said. İt has to sound good.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I put the subs where they work best for the most part, and I'd never put any of them inside another cabinet. Aesthetics aren't critical, especially if they interfere with acoustics.
With Umik-1?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Agreed. Put some effort into it. Make it look nice and keep it that way. I think my room would look naked without my gear.

View attachment 35535View attachment 35536

I don't think that's ugly at all! Also, you picked a white subwoofer, specifically, just to hide it??
is it a laptop down there? What excactly it does? Heos not good?
trying to find new tips And expand my system.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm sitting here, right now, about to pull the trigger and buy a THIRD subwoofer!

Just remember pogey, you can’t even see them! Pc’s that is. If you can, just add more plants...

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
your woman will think you are crazy you dont care? ;)
some people take 4, but...
i think they are crazy :p
dont take it man. make atmos or make 7 channel surround. Something you dont have.
subwoofers are not advisable by all they think the sound becomes over realistic, like a door shut will sound like the door of jericho :D
you will suffer by too much overlealistic bass

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
is it a laptop down there? What excactly it does? Heos not good?
trying to find new tips And expand my system.
Yes, that was a laptop. It finally kicked the bucket and I have a full PC there now instead. I got a bigger tv too. Those are older pics, I need to update.

I've never tried to use Heos. I've just always had a PC of some sort in my setup. They're just super versatile for watching videos, streaming and pretty much anything else you'd want to do. I ripped all of my music from cd's and have them stored as lossless files on my hard drive so they play back in original quality. I downloaded and use Foobar2000 to control everything from my tablet. It's my entire library conveniently organized, high quality music all at my fingertips.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, that was a laptop. It finally kicked the bucket and I have a full PC there now instead. I got a bigger tv too. Those are older pics, I need to update.

I've never tried to use Heos. I've just always had a PC of some sort in my setup. They're just super versatile for watching videos, streaming and pretty much anything else you'd want to do. I ripped all of my music from cd's and have them stored as lossless files on my hard drive so they play back in original quality. I downloaded and use Foobar2000 to control everything from my tablet. It's my entire library conveniently organized, high quality music all at my fingertips.
I’ve never tried HEOS speakers, but AirPlay/heos is excellent. I can even stream from my bedroom pc to my living room with the Apple remote app, all on my phone.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
your woman will think you are crazy you dont care? ;)
Oh yes. She thinks I am crazy for sure and no I don't care, lol.
some people take 4, but...
There's a strong possibility I will be one of those people.
i think they are crazy :p
*Raises hand* Guilty!
dont take it man. make atmos or make 7 channel surround. Something you dont have.
I listen to a lot more music than watch movies or listen to anything with atmos content.
subwoofers are not advisable by all they think the sound becomes over realistic, like a door shut will sound like the door of jericho :D
you will suffer by too much overlealistic bass
Not advisable?! Did you forget who it is you're talking to here?! :p

I will not suffer from too much "over realistic bass" because I have the tools and know how to properly set up multiple subwoofers. I'm not going for louder. I'm going for smoother and hopefully a little more texture and detail.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic

why to download and rip, if everything is available online? And new stuff every month as well. Tidal spotify etc.
i see your pic. İ see a wifi router, a marantz, a laptop.
what is the rest 2 devices? One looks like a center speaker? With a light on it?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
why to download and rip, if everything is available online? And new stuff every month as well. Tidal spotify etc.
i see your pic. İ see a wifi router, a marantz, a laptop.
what is the rest 2 devices? One looks like a center speaker? With a light on it?
I have yet to hear any streaming service with the same sound quality as my cd rips. They're bit for bit perfect and I'm spoiled. I want the highest quality of sound I can get.

There's an Xbox One X in there and a 7 x 200 watt Monolith 7 amplifier also. I think the amp is what you're saying looks like a center speaker with a light on it. You can see the bookshelf speaker right under the tv in the middle, that's what I'm using as a center channel. It's a really nice, close match for the big speakers.

Notice how all of the tweeters are at ear height and very close to the same level?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis