subwoofer placement help subwoofer question?

C

cesar ortiz

Audioholic Intern
hey guys maybe this is a very common question but i had a few other questions

so i did a 5.1 set up in a very small room with a big 100 inch screen lol i know the screen is over kill for the size of room i have but oh well , any ways i have a square room i am going to get the exact measurements today when i get home from work rough estimate is maybe like 15 feet by 15 feet and maybe like a 8 feet ceiling i think or so is a second floor room.

what i wanted to ask was . where would be the ideal subwoofer placement in a square room. ?

also i have a Klipsch R-110SW Subwoofer is that sub way too overkill for the small room or is that fine OR do i need a bigger woofer or better woofer for the size of room

i used to have the sub in a rectangular room and man it sounded so good you can feel the house shake on the low frequencies but now is like that is not really there

any suggestions

B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
"That sub is way too much for your room," said no audioholic ever.

Check out the audioholics video on the sub crawl to get started. Others will have good generic placement tips.

C

cesar ortiz

Audioholic Intern
"That sub is way too much for your room," said no audioholic ever.

Check out the audioholics video on the sub crawl to get started. Others will have good generic placement tips.
ima take a look at the video my concern is that my room is just very small and is like literally a cube lol

(square)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have two Outlaw x-13s in a room, about 2000'3. Please tell us your definition of overkill. :p One of those is rated for a 5000'3 room!

OK... square rooms are rough. You will likely have bad standing waves that will kill bass frequencies here and there around your room.
Sub Crawl, though crude, is your best way to dial in for a single seat. Next best thing is going to save and buy a second sub!
Without knowing your whole scene, I will suggest that you keep your mind open to subwoofer placement options as you do the crawl... don't let unconventional placement scare you. That said, you will likely be best served having the sub asymmetrically placed so that reflections from the other three walls aren't getting back to the sub at the same time.
Hope this helps!

C

cesar ortiz

Audioholic Intern
I have two Outlaw x-13s in a room, about 2000'3. Please tell us your definition of overkill. :p One of those is rated for a 5000'3 room!

OK... square rooms are rough. You will likely have bad standing waves that will kill bass frequencies here and there around your room.
Sub Crawl, though crude, is your best way to dial in for a single seat. Next best thing is going to save and buy a second sub!
Without knowing your whole scene, I will suggest that you keep your mind open to subwoofer placement options as you do the crawl... don't let unconventional placement scare you. That said, you will likely be best served having the sub asymmetrically placed so that reflections from the other three walls aren't getting back to the sub at the same time.
Hope this helps!

this is what i feel that is happening maybe having bad standing waves that will kill bass frequencies

and what i mean by overkill is having too much bass for a small room but maybe that is no where near the problem my sub isn't that powerful or huge lol

is powerful but i doubt is something wild like others do lol

so today i am going to measure the room and do the crawl method and see if that helps. i just feel like the room is way tooo small lol honestly .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis