Subwoofer pad/absorber?? Help

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
bongobob said:
Actually, my neighbors are not below but next door to me. Perhaps the fact that we're sharing the same joists caused the problem?
The physical structure would have to be analyzed to find the specific parameters that are involved in your situation. But I have generalized the situation and what is typical.

I suppose that's why the performace\ studio room where I work was constructed as a concrete slab "floating" a few inches above the rest of the second floor of the building (Don't ask me how it was made because I didn't get the details but it cost a ridiculous amount of scratch).
Such floating systems are typical for broadband acoustic isolation applications. Is the entire room(all walls, celing, etc.) also decoupled from the rest of the building? This is what I would expect as well.

-Chris

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
The Gramma pad works so far. No neighbors knocking until today (i put the volume even higher than before). As for the sound, doesn't show much different. Thank you again for the suggestions.

A

audioholic_1

Audiophyte
warpdrive said:
The Auralex Subdude (Gramma) is a MUST have platform if you have weak wood floors. You still get deep bass but it doesn't shake your floor anymore. HIGHLY recommended.

http://stereophile.com/musicintheround/1204mitr/

I live on the first floor, beneath the carpet is cement or foundation. Would it be good for this? I plan to move my sub to the center of the room.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
audioholic_1 said:
I live on the first floor, beneath the carpet is cement or foundation. Would it be good for this? I plan to move my sub to the center of the room.
There is no reason to use a decoupler for the subwoofer if you have a cement floor.

-Chris

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis