Subwoofer Level low

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd rather the avr manufacturers set the speakers to small automatically when you tell it there's a sub involved, rather than it choosing based on an f3 of 40hz...even the terminology of large and small is annoying. Should just be enable bass management yes or no along with the sub yes or no....

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
I'd rather the avr manufacturers set the speakers to small automatically when you tell it there's a sub involved, rather than it choosing based on an f3 of 40hz...even the terminology of large and small is annoying. Should just be enable bass management yes or no along with the sub yes or no....
Agreed. Really should just automatically default to 80hz and small. Set and forget it people would be none the wiser and not run the risk of severe distortion/speaker damage, while advanced users who know what they're doing are free to change it.

Honestly though, many lousy auto eq systems (accueq and dcac) should just not even be included. They generally do more harm than good.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Turned out the Receiver was Faulty. I lost the Hdmi video signal while watching a movie. Did 3 factory resets before i got that to finally work. That was last night. This Morning the video started to flicker,and all of my settings were wrong. Thought it best to return it before i come to a point when i can't

Returned the receiver this morning,they didn't have another 1400h so i took a Sony STR DN1080 instead. Sounds great,but so did the Denon until it let me down. Even when i first got the denon some things about the user interface seemed buggy to me.

Unfortunately i lost Audessey which i liked,but not enough to keep i buggy receiver .

Thanks to everyone who took the time to try and help me with this.
Good to know you got a Sony now, but you have not answered my question yet:

"Are the receiver and subwoofer bought brand new, used, or refurbished?"

That's just to help others..

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The receiver and subwoofer were new.
It just shows it is important to buy from an authorized dealer or at least a reputable seller that offers similar warranty as even brand new units can be defective.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis