U

UWbadger91

Junior Audioholic
Hi all! I live in a 800 sqft apartment and just ordered outlet SVS Prime bookshelves and center. I ordered the PB12-NSD but like a fool cancelled it and now they’re sold out, so I’m in the market for a sub...preferably SVS. I’m using it for 80% movies/tv and 20% music (hip-hop, EDM, Rick). Their outlet has a sale going on through tonight. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
You mentioned before you wanted piano black. I see some pc2000s in there. I have dual pc13 ultras and i love them. They are a good conversation piece as well. Not sure how the 2000s compare, but im a big fan of the cylindar designs.

U

UWbadger91

Junior Audioholic
You mentioned before you wanted piano black. I see some pc2000s in there. I have dual pc13 ultras and i love them. They are a good conversation piece as well. Not sure how the 2000s compare, but im a big fan of the cylindar designs.
I’m open to piano and black ash.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Of the options in the SVS outlet at the moment, the PC2000 at $699 would be the closest in performance to the PB12-NSD. If you're not married to SVS, the Hsu VTF2.5 would be a good choice as well.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
The pc2000 does say it has some scratches tho.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Of the options in the SVS outlet at the moment, the PC2000 at $699 would be the closest in performance to the PB12-NSD. If you're not married to SVS, the Hsu VTF2.5 would be a good choice as well.
Agreed.
Iirc though the pc handily outperformed the nsd which seems to be getting long in the tooth.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just from another point of view, subs may not work well in an apartment, especially of typical construction, as far as your neighbors are concerned.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Hi all! I live in a 800 sqft apartment and just ordered outlet SVS Prime bookshelves and center. I ordered the PB12-NSD but like a fool cancelled it and now they’re sold out, so I’m in the market for a sub...preferably SVS. I’m using it for 80% movies/tv and 20% music (hip-hop, EDM, Rick). Their outlet has a sale going on through tonight. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Hehe I’ll throw some others at you too like Rythmik and HSU ;) LVX12 and VTF2 respectively. I think you can get them both in Piano Black if you ask.

U

UWbadger91

Junior Audioholic
Just from another point of view, subs may not work well in an apartment, especially of typical construction, as far as your neighbors are concerned.
So maybe do just the towers and center? I saved about $200 so I’m doing well.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I missed the part about being in an apt. Subs can make enemies in those places. Tread lightly.

U

UWbadger91

Junior Audioholic
I ordered an PB12-NSD from all 3 amazon sellers in the hope one has one in stock. If they all end up bailing...then go with no sub for now? Or with cyber Monday should I jump on something?

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Lol. My crystal ball shows you enjoying 3 sub woofers next week.

U

UWbadger91

Junior Audioholic
Lol. My crystal ball shows you enjoying 3 sub woofers next week.
Lol they’re on back offer until December 1st. First seller dropped their sale after I ordered so I have 3 other chances. In your opinion is 2 bookshelves with a center good for an apartment?

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Whats the building made out of ? 2x4 construction or something heavier like brick or concrete? The last apt I lived in, 2x4 stick frame condo with 1 neighbor, I had a small 10" subwoofer that I paid a hundred bucks for and I had to be very cautious about the volume.

U

UWbadger91

Junior Audioholic
Whats the building made out of ? 2x4 construction or something heavier like brick or concrete? The last apt I lived in, 2x4 stick frame condo with 1 neighbor, I had a small 10" subwoofer that I paid a hundred bucks for and I had to be very cautious about the volume.
I honestly don’t know. It’s not brick. I can hear my upstairs neighbors stomping/running around. Never hear the people on the sides of me though. I asked if they ever hear my sub/stereo and they don’t.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis