ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Andy Stott always delivers for good music with deep bass. Any of his albums are great for that.

One thing I noticed about the track you posted above is that it has actual stereo bass. I have stereo subs on my desktop system, and I could hear how those bass notes were hard-panned. Very fun track!
The whole album!
Once I caught that I was on pure it became manageable. I wasn't kidding about the Phils talking back, though. I was hearing noises from everywhere, including the terminus of those lines! ...Crawling around my room trying to figure out what that was. FML! Any lesser 8" than that Revelator might've sprung something.

I will definitely be checking out more of his work!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a really killer track that is brand new: Gyrofield -Gutenberg. Massive deep bass on this one. It's from a new drum'n'bass compilation called Together with Ukraine. It was put together by a Ukrainian drum'n'bass artist to help raise funds for the effort there. Funds will go to the Ukrainian Red Cross. This is a massive compilation with 136 tracks from a list that reads like a who's who of the drum'n'bass scene. This is easily the drum'n'bass album of the year if not the decade. Buy it not only to support a good cause but for enough subwoofer candy to last for months!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
All right. Back to some real, old fashioned, legit-@$$ Subwoofer Candy. None of the Boosted Cr@p! :p

If you can check it on Apple Music, I would suggest that:

Otherwise:

Bump this... cautiously.
(The cat's are freakin' the F out, sh!t is rattlin all over my room, the house...I'm only at -29.5!)

Legit!

Edit:
Ha!!!
Somehow my phone app for the Marantz got switched to Pure. I knew something was wrong because the Phils were Chuffing. Hard. :eek:
*whew
I'm back to my more normal -8 (~70dB) in proper bass managed 2.1.
But I'm not kidding when I say I had a kitchen cabinet 30' away from my room rattling!

Edit, again:
I'm about halfway through this album and am thoroughly enjoying it. Low frequencies continue to be lush and palpable.
That was fun!

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Some great music posted. Thanks for the tip ShadyJ on the UKR Red Cross.

Found this this clip to be rather fun a couple of years ago as I was putting together some music to test a new subwoofer. Top 20 anything will generate debate, The Who didn't make it, but at least Yes and Rush get honorable mention.

Also followed by my absolute favorite in remastered edition.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Some great music posted. Thanks for the tip ShadyJ on the UKR Red Cross.

Found this this clip to be rather fun a couple of years ago as I was putting together some music to test a new subwoofer. Top 20 anything will generate debate, The Who didn't make it, but at least Yes and Rush get honorable mention.

Also followed by my absolute favorite in remastered edition.

Love Rick Beato and can't say anything bad about Bob Marley, those're a little light on "sub candy" bass tho. Most of the stuff we post here will rattle the walls in the adjacent rooms, lol.

That'll make your windows rattle!

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Love Rick Beato and can't say anything bad about Bob Marley, those're a little light on "sub candy" bass tho. Most of the stuff we post here will rattle the walls in the adjacent rooms, lol.

That'll make your windows rattle!
Yeah, that's what I have discovered!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So I'm sitting here just jamming out and Tool's "Disgustipated" comes on. I never realized it before, but at 3:45 Danny comes in with some ulf enhanced kick drum effects! It's not going to flap your pant legs but it's way deeper than I thought it was. I'll bet it legit hits close to 20 hz.

Skip to 3:45 for the bass, but then you'll miss Maynard's hilarious sermon about harvest day, decrying the impending carrot holocaust. "Let the rabbits wear glasses!", lol.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
My wife just came in and complained that the bass from my small Genelec 8330A monitors and 7360A subwoofer is too loud.

It's shaking in here but the concrete wails walls are still standing. ;-)

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Clearly, you're doing it wrong.
:p
Yeah, you have a very good point there, I'd say!

I did start out with some of the clips in this thread that has added deep bass to existing tracks with, to put it mildly, a low musical content. [edit: Added deep bass was low musical content, not the track per se]

This one, posted by @shadyJ earlier in this thread, is far, far better. It also has the admirable property of clearly showing the value of a Genelec 73560 7360A subwoofer with the 8330A monitors: From Genelec GLM software I can enable/disable bass management with a click of the button and the change takes less than a second. It goes from anaemic to powerful impact bass!

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, you have a very good point there, I'd say!

I did start out with some of the clips in this thread that has added deep bass to existing tracks with, to put it mildly, a low musical content.

This one, posted by @shadyJ earlier in this thread, is far, far better. It also has the admirable property of clearly showing the value of a Genelec 73560 subwoofer with the 8330A monitors: From Genelec GLM software I can enable/disable bass management with a click of the button and the change takes less than a second. It goes from anaemic to powerful impact bass!

I could never get with the augmented bass tracks. They simply never sound right to me. Personal preference on that, all around. ;)
There are some great cuts here that have some deep and infrasonic content. The stuff from Lorn always earns praise.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I could never get with the augmented bass tracks. They simply never sound right to me. Personal preference on that, all around. ;)
There are some great cuts here that have some deep and infrasonic content. The stuff from Lorn always earns praise.
They are very useful to annoy people. :)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
If the sound is just very low frequency it can be hard to locate where it comes from.:D
IMO, low frequencies are omnidirectional to a certain limit. They are obviously louder the closer you get to the source.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Latest video from Lorn: an absolute must-watch for lovers of subwoofer candy!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis