William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I've seen the second one and ended up finding a video where Intel actually pulled it off irl!

I saw that when grabbing the links but just watched it now. That is CRAZY to think that they put so many resources into building that piece. Very well done.
CCTx1 today.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw that when grabbing the links but just watched it now. That is CRAZY to think that they put so many resources into building that piece. Very well done.
CCTx1 today.
That thing's a trip. Really liked the drum one you posted too. I've never seen that one before.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That thing's a trip. Really liked the drum one you posted too. I've never seen that one before.
That’s probably my favorite one “Gyro Drums”. Both DVD’s have a couple drum features on them as well as horns and weird synth “instruments”. If you are interested, I’m sure you can get all the tracks on YT. FWIW, animusic 3 was somewhere in post production but I think there was a financial issue as I did see a Kickstarter for it. Too bad. I thought they were brilliant.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
So as a drummer for most of my life, I thought I’d share one of the coolest things ever.

As this goes along, more and more, and larger drums move into the “kit”. It’s really fun as they start descending onto the really big drums. Your subs should thank you.

This is from a two disk series called animusic. I first saw it at Best Buy as some kind of demo on all the PC’s. The track was “pipe dream”. I forgot about it for a couple years, and then tried to tell someone about it but didn’t know what it was! So I googled “shooting balls at drums”.

I had found animusic.
A MIDI powered world where instruments are alive! Anyway, all of my kids who are 19 and 14 still love them after all these years. I know it’s YouTube, but should still sound good enough.
I remember that Pipe Dreams video well. It was used to demonstrate the 3D rendering capabilities of graphics cards and was rendered in real time. First time I've seen that Intel demo though. o_O

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is too cool. Metallica's "Fade To Black" with legit sub candy bass! Title says 28 hz, but it sounds deeper than that to me. It's actually not too bad. It doesn't sound like they just boosted existing bass but remixed it.

This one isn't quite as deep, but will definitely give your subs workout too. "Sad But True".

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
This is too cool. Metallica's "Fade To Black" with legit sub candy bass! Title says 28 hz, but it sounds deeper than that to me. It's actually not too bad. It doesn't sound like they just boosted existing bass but remixed it.

This one isn't quite as deep, but will definitely give your subs workout too. "Sad But True".

This is hilarious: Played this at the office with my Cambridge Soundworks PC speakers (which have a small sub). The bass notes play and then disappear when they get below 35Hz or so. I'll hear three notes go down from around 50Hz and then the rest of the bass run disappears. I then get a single note as it crosses up over 35Hz and then disappears again.

On Sad But True, I get the opening bass line but as soon as he starts the riff for the verses, the actual bass line disappears and I only get a harmonic. It sounds totally weird!

What a great example of what bass extension can do for a song.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This one you're not likely going to get to play back at all on that system then!

This one isn't messing around. Some true sub frequencies and hits pretty hard so be careful.

I'm on a journey for sub candy today, lol. Here's another good one to get your subs hopping. Some pretty neat bass. Smooth and articulate, if not truly subsonic. Still very deep and strong tho.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So, subwoofer amps. I've been cranking serious bass for the last 2 hours, rattling the walls and neither my HSUs nor the amp powering my RBH getting close to hot. Lukewarm at best. I know that's a good thing but was just curious if it's the norm. Any of you guys ever felt your sub amps get hot, or do they just generally run cool as a rule?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Some more subsonics! These ones are hitting notes I can't hear, but can feel even on the other end of my house!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay I know bass boosted versions of classic and metal songs have been around for a long time, but usually they just boost existing bass and sound like crap. There seems to a fairly recent wave of "rebassed" songs out now that are actually remastered with very clean, very deep bass and sound really good! I mean, they're bass boosted so not exactly accurate to the source but this is the sub candy thread right?? A lot of them are done pretty well tho, and sound like the original bass but an octave or 2 lower and boosted.

Megadeth: Symphony Of Destruction. Digs well into the low 20s.

Billy Squier: The Stroke!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Some more subsonics! These ones are hitting notes I can't hear, but can feel even on the other end of my house!

Bass seriously sounds good on my simple Airmotiv 5 Desktop speakers, but with a JL Audio Sub...insane.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Bass seriously sounds good on my simple Airmotiv 5 Desktop speakers, but with a JL Audio Sub...insane.
Hit up a couple of those "rebassed" songs. I've been listening to a variety of them for the last 2 days. My neighbors are probably starting a petition as we speak... lol.

This Enya remix dips below 20 hz!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Old school (Bryan Johnson) AC/DC! This Shoot To Thrill remix will rattle the pictures off your walls!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Hit up a couple of those "rebassed" songs. I've been listening to a variety of them for the last 2 days. My neighbors are probably starting a petition as we speak... lol.

This Enya remix dips below 20 hz!

Lol got the whole room shaking on this one !

G

GeneralJackson

Audiophyte
if anyone knows about Porcupine Tree - check out their DVD or BluRay of their Arriving Somewhere concert and play Hate Song. Midway they have a bass note that just blows you away. Lead is Steven Wilson. He's known as a stickler for superior sound in his recordings

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
if anyone knows about Porcupine Tree - check out their DVD or BluRay of their Arriving Somewhere concert and play Hate Song. Midway they have a bass note that just blows you away. Lead is Steven Wilson. He's known as a stickler for superior sound in his recordings
Love PT.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis