Subwoofer amp delay in milliseconds ? Cant find out what my Seaton Submersives have?

J

Jolly Roger

Audiophyte
I would have thought this information would be easy to find but its proving impossible?
I just need to find out what the amp/dsp delay in milliseconds is in my 2009 1000w Seaton Submersive and my 2015 4000w F2 Submersive?
This information is not in the specs and emailing Seaton and Speakerpower who make the amps has proved fruitless as they dont reply:(
I need this information to integrate my subs and speakers perfectly in my integrated amplifier, anybody any ideas?
I am in the UK so telephoning California or wherever is problematic!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I would have thought this information would be easy to find but its proving impossible?
I just need to find out what the amp/dsp delay in milliseconds is in my 2009 1000w Seaton Submersive and my 2015 4000w F2 Submersive?
This information is not in the specs and emailing Seaton and Speakerpower who make the amps has proved fruitless as they dont reply:(
I need this information to integrate my subs and speakers perfectly in my integrated amplifier, anybody any ideas?
I am in the UK so telephoning California or wherever is problematic!
You should be able to send an e-mail.

If you set the crossovers so they overlap and send a signal with a pure tone that's in range for high pass and low pass, you can see if they coincide in a program like Room EQ Wizard, or you can download an audio app for your phone that has an oscilloscope and look at the waveforms. The signal from both bands should align and the scope will have a scale that has time divisions. You could also play a drum beat or download a program like Audacity and play the click track, watching for the delay.

J

Jolly Roger

Audiophyte
You should be able to send an e-mail.

If you set the crossovers so they overlap and send a signal with a pure tone that's in range for high pass and low pass, you can see if they coincide in a program like Room EQ Wizard, or you can download an audio app for your phone that has an oscilloscope and look at the waveforms. The signal from both bands should align and the scope will have a scale that has time divisions. You could also play a drum beat or download a program like Audacity and play the click track, watching for the delay.
Thanks for this, I have emailed both Seaton Sound and Speakerpower, Mark Seaton tends to answer emails when he has time and I think he gets a lot of emails!
Sometimes I have had a quick response from him but other times I dont hear anything as in this case?
Speakerpower just dont respond but I will keep trying with them?

I will look into audio apps, Im not very technical, I just want to enter the delay time in the little box in the amps etup and the amp does it all for me:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis