Subwoofer advice, 1 big or 2 small

R

Rasmus

Audioholic Intern
I tried a little tweaking this evening, not much but i think i found the problem with my lack of bass response. I did som googeling and found out that AccuEQ might mess upp the sub signal which it indeed did since i got the bass back when i turned it off : ) Now i have to test the rest of the settings including the so called bass plugs.

It's importent that i get a controlled bass-response because i dont think my neighbours will enjoy a suprise-ratteling in the evenings just because i cant tune in the sub properly ;)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Does your apartment building use residential (wood beam floors and wood studs in the walls) or commercial construction (concrete sub-floors with steel or concrete supports)? If it uses residential construction, any true subwoofer is really going to annoy your neighbors. Commercial construction will probably enable you to do anything you want.

R

Rasmus

Audioholic Intern
Does your apartment building use residential (wood beam floors and wood studs in the walls) or commercial construction (concrete sub-floors with steel or concrete supports)? If it uses residential construction, any true subwoofer is really going to annoy your neighbors. Commercial construction will probably enable you to do anything you want.
Its more of a "commercial construction" as you call it so i guess im lucky there. Though im a little worried about my new neighbour who just moved in (havnt seen or heard him yet so havnt had a chance to listen in his room) because its not a very thick wall between us. His apartment is to the right of my sofa on the picture. There isnt any apartments to the left "behind" the main speakers, i thinks its a elevator shaft or some officies.

R

Rasmus

Audioholic Intern
Update:

When i used my Sony sub would have to set my mains to LARGE to achive a decent bassresponse. Now with the XTZ i set them to small and crossover at 80 hz and it sounds way better in the overall sound : ) Especially with movies it really is a huge difference.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis