Subs....Worth another build or purchase?

C

Clownaphobia

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys, just wanted to update, since several friends here tried to help me along. I originally had moved both of my diy subs near field (right behind my couch) and that kept me satisfied for a awhile. The punch was definitely strong, but it did irritate me that the subs were fairly easy for me to locate. And I still wasn’t getting the lower bass that I wanted. I then, on a whim, added a leftover Mirage S12 up front for shits and giggles to see if it would help. I know that I’ve always told people that trying to have sealed and ported subs play nice together can be tricky...but to be honest, with the mini dsp it was easy to get a pretty nice response. If it wasn’t for the fact that it’s just an older sub, and vanity lol, I would have kept it like that, It’s a very decent subwoofer for its day. But I ended up getting a HSU ULS 2, and putting it in its place. After messing with Minidsp (no EQ, just delay), I have been able to get pretty ruler flat response down to 17hz. Pretty impressed with what 2 sealed 12’s, and a sealed 15 can do for my large room! Thanks for the help along the way! I still have the twins co located near field, but being able to turn them down just a few db’s, still gives me a nice kick but makes them much harder to locate in the room

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis