William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I should’ve mentioned I have the receiver set to one sub out and the DSP is controlling both subs individually, so bye adjusting the distance in the receiver, both subs are getting +2 delay, that is what my measurements are showing in JPEG 4 above
Roger that. How close are the mains to walls?

M

matt houser

Audioholic
Roger that. How close are the mains to walls?
Each speaker is just under 3 feet from the sidewall, I intentionally pushed them 8 inches from the rear wall behind them over a month ago because from what I remember, I was measuring and if I remember correctly the three cancellations up around the crossover region actually got worse when I pulled the speakers further away from the wall, I am not sure if I am causing more harm than good by doing that but that’s where they’re at right now

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok. Forgot to ask. (Maybe you posted) what are the room sims?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry i’m not sure what you mean by Sims, if you’re talking about room dimensions I’m in a pretty small living room, 11w x 18L x 8ht
Lol!!! Autocorrect. It was dims(dimensions). Ok. Where is the main listening position? Where your measurements are taken.

M

matt houser

Audioholic
ive tried everything, can't get rid of these dips, this response is audyssey's, even its distance settings won't get rid of the dips

Attachments

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Do this: run mains at full frequency output and introduce sub at about 60HZ crossover. Then match volume of mains to sub via SPL of test tone rather than ear. This will fix your problem only at the implied expense of mains woofer efficiency. Your problem now is likely the sub is doing the work of the mains woofer and it’s not delivering the higher frequencies on par with mains woofers. Also do your volume matching in the 60db average arena.

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Got my mini DSP up and running, i’ve worked hard all week to learn how to use it and I’ve got my subs looking beautiful set up with the House curve but I can’t get my mains to blend, they’re actually wrecking my response on my subs, from about 55 Hz all the way through 100 Hz when I combine the subs with the mains the response is awful
What exactly does a mini DSP do? I’ve never had or seen one In person .
Tried to look it up not much answers

Is it like a equalizer?

miniDSP 2x4 HD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I4NWRNM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_Ke7dGbM3C5MZ2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis