M

matt houser

Audioholic
Got my mini DSP up and running, i’ve worked hard all week to learn how to use it and I’ve got my subs looking beautiful set up with the House curve but I can’t get my mains to blend, they’re actually wrecking my response on my subs, from about 55 Hz all the way through 100 Hz when I combine the subs with the mains the response is awful

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
More information about what you've got to integrate the speakers with and what you're doing particularly with that gear might help....is the minidsp handling crossover or is something else?

M

matt houser

Audioholic
I have set up the DSP to EQ the subs and apply the House Curve, I am relying on the processor in the receiver to integrate the mains to the subs with the sub distance setting, I am wondering if running audyssey to equalize the bass in the mains above my crossover point would help smooth out these front speakers a little bit to help me integrate them into the system

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're not measuring? You might want to try Audyssey....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd still try Audyssey but hard to know what you're seeing, how you're measuring, what you're particularly doing with the delay....etc.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Spill the details, man.
What are the Mains, Subs, placement, Crossover... Take some captures of your REW measurements... We can't help if we don't know what's up!

Also, I would absolutely run Audyssey, and if you have XT32, use the App and set a curtain to your Schroeder Frequency.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Spill the details, man.
What are the Mains, Subs, placement, Crossover... Take some captures of your REW measurements... We can't help if we don't know what's up!

Also, I would absolutely run Audyssey, and if you have XT32, use the App and set a curtain to your Schroeder Frequency.
Yes. PICS!!!!!
Also, what is the XO point? I saw a reference to 100hz but don’t know if tat was arbitrary.

M

matt houser

Audioholic
Here is a picture of my mains and front sub placement, I have one sub in the front left corner and the other sub directly behind the listening position on the back wall, I do have my mains about 8 inches from the front wall because by pushing them closer some of the dips weren't so bad, I am just learning most of this stuff so im not sure if this response is horrible or not but this is my measurement after precisely following the home theater gurus video

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Here is a picture of my mains and front sub placement, I have one sub in the front left corner and the other sub directly behind the listening position on the back wall, I do have my mains about 8 inches from the front wall because by pushing them closer some of the dips weren't so bad, I am just learning most of this stuff so im not sure if this response is horrible or not but this is my measurement after precisely following the home theater gurus video
ummmmm.....

M

matt houser

Audioholic
The mains are CMT 340 SE‘s from ascend acoustics, The subs are HSU VTF3 Mark fives, I have experimented with higher crossover settings, seems like toward 120 Hz seems to help a little

M

matt houser

Audioholic
ummmmm.....
Right now I have the crossover set at 120 hz because it gave me a little flatter response in the 55 to 120 Hz range, when I combine both the subs & the mains The response is still good all the way out to 55 Hz but above that is where it’s not nearly as flat as the subs were by themselves with mini DSP

M

matt houser

Audioholic
This is how my mains look by themselves With no crossover, from 10 to 200 Hz

Attachments

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Right now I have the crossover set at 120 hz because it gave me a little flatter response in the 55 to 120 Hz range, when I combine both the subs & the mains The response is still good all the way out to 55 Hz but above that is where it’s not nearly as flat as the subs were by themselves with mini DSP
Just for an experiment. Bring the XO down to 60hz. Then add a couple feet to the sub distance. Remeasure each time you add a couple feet. See if it moves the dip. Also, any captures of the mains with subs.

M

matt houser

Audioholic
here is the subs plus mains with an 80hz crossover & 8.3ft of sub delay, that number came from the alignment tool in rew

Attachments

M

matt houser

Audioholic
Just for an experiment. Bring the XO down to 60hz. Then add a couple feet to the sub distance. Remeasure each time you add a couple feet. See if it moves the dip. Also, any captures of the mains with subs.
this is what happens when I add +2 to the distance of the back sub(closest sub)@60hz,

Attachments

M

matt houser

Audioholic
Add plus 2 to both.
Then plus two again. And again.
I should’ve mentioned I have the receiver set to one sub out and the DSP is controlling both subs individually, so bye adjusting the distance in the receiver, both subs are getting +2 delay, that is what my measurements are showing in JPEG 4 above

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis