Sub Pre-out issue/using REC-Out (Tape) ok?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
If you have too many analog devices to connect directly to the Fluance Ai61, connect all of your analog devices to the Kenwood. The WiiM mini has an optical output port. If you get one, you can connect it directly to the OPTICAL INPUT port on the Ai61 and this would be recommended. Connect any analog devices to the appropriate analog ports on the Kenwood and connect a set of analog cables from the MD/TAPE REC OUT ports on the Kenwood to the RCA INPUT on the Fluance Ai61 speaker. With these connections, the Kenwood is basically just an input source switcher for analog devices. You will need to change sources in the Ai61 as well with its remote controller when going from the Kenwood and its selected analog device to the WiiM mini connected to the optical port. It should work with these connections but results can and always will vary.

R

RynJax17

Audioholic Intern
Anyone have any experience with the following gear? I updated the gear that was on my wishlist to:

Klipsch RP 8000F II or Martin Logan Motion 60XTi (Towers)
Marantz NR1200 (Stereo Receiver)
Parasound ZoneMaster 2 (Power Amp)
Bookshelf speakers either from Klipsch or Martin Logan

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Had no clue there was a difference between powered/active speakers thank you for the info. So when i say the Fluance are an all-in-one system i mean you dont need a receiver, cd player, turntable, ect. You can simply use it as a bluetooth setup, Connect to a TV, USB type-c connection But have the option to add a turntable ect. So i purchased the Fluance like 3 years ago they had a great sale on them I think i paid $450 at the time. That's when i hooked up my audiotechnica turntable and JBL Sub

Glad to know that the specs on the Flaunce speakers are pretty good!
That all depends on what you want your system to do. I don't use bluetooth much for anything these days (did use it in my car but I just get more by using a thumb drive now); I stream via wifi around the house (I use Chromecast Audio units, but that WiiM looks interesting too). For movies/tv I want at least a 5.1 system with hdmi/bass management. I find receivers still to be a better way to go for a variety of input types/components and switching (and with pre-outs even have flexibility to use active/powered speakers). I did see several ads for $300/pr for the Ai61s, tho....you in US?

R

RynJax17

Audioholic Intern
That all depends on what you want your system to do. I don't use bluetooth much for anything these days (did use it in my car but I just get more by using a thumb drive now); I stream via wifi around the house (I use Chromecast Audio units, but that WiiM looks interesting too). For movies/tv I want at least a 5.1 system with hdmi/bass management. I find receivers still to be a better way to go for a variety of input types/components and switching (and with pre-outs even have flexibility to use active/powered speakers). I did see several ads for $300/pr for the Ai61s, tho....you in US?
Since im brand new with all these advances in audio and technology i appreciate you teaching me all this info so i can better understand. So would the WiiM be good for me if mainly use Amazon Music what other options do i have with this wifi streamer? I do pay for the subscription to have the Ultra HD music that Amazon music offers. So my new modern system that i'll eventually get will mostly be with music listening because i have a dedicated extra bedroom but will add a small tv down the line im not really interested in a home theater setup in this bedroom.

Yes i am in the US. Wow $300 for a pair of those Fluance speakers is a steal!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Since im brand new with all these advances in audio and technology i appreciate you teaching me all this info so i can better understand. So would the WiiM be good for me if mainly use Amazon Music what other options do i have with this wifi streamer? I do pay for the subscription to have the Ultra HD music that Amazon music offers. So my new modern system that i'll eventually get will mostly be with music listening because i have a dedicated extra bedroom but will add a small tv down the line im not really interested in a home theater setup in this bedroom.

Yes i am in the US. Wow $300 for a pair of those Fluance speakers is a steal!
The Product Reviews and AV Research sections of Audioholics is a good place to learn about what's out there. Check out that link treb posted for details of what the WiiM is about. Maybe check this out https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-pro-streamer.39576/ and https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-pro-review-measurements-streamer.42300/

I just thought it curious you paid so much more for the speakers when I see them offered by several retailers for $300/pr....usually prices don't particularly go down!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis