B

Blynch

Audiophyte
Moving in with my girlfriend so my theater room is shrinking from 17x25 to 11x13. I was running 4 subs two up front and two in the rear but my seating position was 10 feet in front of the back wall. Now my seating position will only be two feet off the back wall. Up front my towers are Paradigm 90P’s with three 8 inch powered subs per tower and in the rear I have two Martin Logan dynamo 1000’s. Should I put both subs on the front wall with the towers in the new room? I’m afraid with only being two feet off the back wall the sweet spot will be in front of my seating position.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sweet spot will definitely not be near the rear wall, but even 2ft is better than up against the wall. I'd probably go with the subs up front and see how it does.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Sweet spot will definitely not be near the rear wall, but even 2ft is better than up against the wall. I'd probably go with the subs up front and see how it does.
Maybe stack the subs 2 high and have both stacks in the front of the room near the towers?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe stack the subs 2 high and have both stacks in the front of the room near the towers?
Yeah, was actually going to say that, but I'd start with the two and see how it goes.

B

Blynch

Audiophyte
Ok I’ll give that a try. Do you put anything in between them before stacking? Unfortunately this room isn’t ideal but it’s the only option. The ceiling is vaulted so I have to figure out the height channels as well

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I would put some kind of fabric between them if you are stacking- but only if you aren't really throttling them. If you play these things loud, consider a rubbery grip mat, like this stuff, so they do not move. I have stacked subs before, and if you really crank them, they can slowly move if there is only fabric between them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis