Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
I pick this up the other day and half wish I hadn't. The graphics are really good and the enviroment is very Starwars but the game play isn't the best.
As said about the Walker I took it out by beeting on it's foot with a light saber. The movment contol is a bit wonky, I'm also no master of consol controls either but the left stick controls movement and the right is look around, but if your looking around (or trying) and you move it controls direction. Depending on what your doing the camera angle changes on it's own (ie if you use the force to pick up an object and you move it to close to you) and then your (me anyway) lost as to where your now facing. Also had it lock up once on me, game play to training room back to game play and it froze.
The sound is good and the graphics are good and the Starwars enviroment is good but not for the $60 it cost.
I've been having much more fun with Conan

Mani-aX

Mani-aX

Enthusiast
i'm with you there. i can't stand the camera view angles. it has a mind or "force" of it's own...

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
Well I made it through the whole game (wimp mode,lol), I'm fairly new to the whole console controler, I still don't like it but have gotten better. It isn't a bad game at all, I enjoyed it and was starting another go through but my son borrowed it.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Well I made it through the whole game (wimp mode,lol), I'm fairly new to the whole console controler, I still don't like it but have gotten better. It isn't a bad game at all, I enjoyed it and was starting another go through but my son borrowed it.
I've beaten this game 3 times, and now I see why people were complaining about slugging controls. I think it's partly meant to be until you max out your force powers. To do that you literally need to beat the game at least 2x so you can start with your old saved powers. It still needs work with the responsivement of the controls. Hopefully, they release some "Secret Missions of the Apprentice" levels for download. I have every holocron and costume in the game now and I didn't even cheat. :)

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I D/Led the Demo to my 360. I'll be getting it 2nd hand through ebay ;)

The sound is awesome, they really got the ambiance right.
The graphics are not that hot, the gameplay could be improved, but I quickly mastered it. Using the force grip is a lot of fun:
- force gripping a storm trooper, sweeping all his buddies on the floor, over and over again, while they all scream
- sometimes, another storm trooper grabs the gripped one, the dialog between them is hilarious "this is not going to end well" lol
- my personal favourite, the "carousel". Grab a storm trooper and make him spin on the same place, before bumping him on the walls and then sending him flying across the room

The impale does not last long enough lol

S

StiMpACk

Enthusiast
i only finished the game up once, i got every single force upgrade except for like 1 air combo ... fun while it lasted, great gameplay,sound,storyline, cut scenes could have been made a lil better but im not complaining

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis