Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Uhh... How are we not talking about this yet?! Maybe they're intentionally just hitting all the right notes for us TNG and Voyager fans, but I for one am pretty excited! Especially when you see the cast list so far! I can't believe I'm saying this, but this JUST might push me over the edge for a CBS All Access sub. Well played, CBS. Well played...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! Nice trailer!
Hope the series is up to solid follow through!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm worried it's going to get the woke treatment...
Maybe, but I think Patrick Stewart is the kind of guy who just ups the game of anyone working with him, so I'm gonna stay optimistic on this one!

I wonder if the guy who owned my open box BD player and didn't delete his accounts (or change passwords) paid for a CBS sub?
I sure enjoyed his HBO for watching the last season of GoT!!!:)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Looks interesting, yes. But I think I can wait until season's end and binge.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I'm cautiously optimistic but have some concerns:
  • Alex Kurtzman involvement, just look at STD as example
  • CBS/Hollywood woke movement ruining our favorite shows/movies
  • Patrick Stewart is a bit old to play the part
We shall see. I guess make it so #1.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
I totally agree with your concerns, BUT what also gives me hope is that Patrick Stewart is going to keep things on track to be good. Also interesting is that Jonathan Frakes is coming on board to direct at least a couple episodes!!!

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Looks promising, he sure did make a lot of enemies in his Star Trek next Generation.
Is it just on my end, when I click to post my comments are getting changed up some of the words added or taken away. Is it the forums autocorrect? I'm having to go back and correct just about every time I post.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Is it just on my end, when I click to post my comments are getting changed up some of the words added or taken away. Is it the forums autocorrect? I'm having to go back and correct just about every time I post.
Maybe your end to AI fill.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
One thing that really bothers me though. With our current technology, we can reasonably predict when a star will go super nova 1000s if not millions of years in advance. How could this elude the smarter, more technically advanced Romulans of the 24th century? Writers of Sci-Fi are so stupid sometimes :/

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
One thing that really bothers me though. With our current technology, we can reasonably predict when a star will go super nova 1000s if not millions of years in advance. How could this elude the smarter, more technically advanced Romulans of the 24th century?
Maybe they knew it was coming, but didn't do anything about it because there were no well-developed cost justification studies showing specific outcomes for proposed countermeasures!?:rolleyes:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Maybe they knew it was coming, but didn't do anything about it because there were no well-developed cost justification studies showing specific outcomes for proposed countermeasures!?:rolleyes:
Scientists today can get within a couple hundred thousand years when it comes to predicting stuff like that, which isn't bad when you consider it's only a blip on the time scale of the universe. Compared to a lifetime for us tho, it's a very big window.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Scientists today can get within a couple hundred thousand years when it comes to predicting stuff like that, which isn't bad when you consider it's only a blip on the time scale of the universe. Compared to a lifetime for us tho, it's a very big window.
Perhaps the Romulans are a planet of solar-climate-deniers whose government controlled science council insisted it was just a passing phase and all would be fine.:oops:
Too close to reality. Sorry, too early... my filter hasn’t woken up yet. :rolleyes:

:cool:

Last edited:
VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
A bit too old? The guy was old in TNG! William Shatner looks much younger than Stewart (in reality they're pretty close in age). Worse yet, it's based in the new "Vulcan is gone" Universe (which they will never make a new movie again with Christopher Pine cast as they want 2-3x more than they're offering them to do a movie because of Marvel's over-inflated paychecks that make actors think no other projects are worthwhile. Wonder Woman made Chris Pine get a big head as he wasn't even the lead character and he made a bundle).

Next, throw in the CBS "streaming only" BS (cable customers are already getting screwed in their bills and now all these Sci-Fi shows are going streaming only from The Orville to already the crappy other Star Trek thing to ALL future Star Wars TV Shows. I mean broadcast Network TV and even cable is dying a slow death because Hollywood is abandoning it in favor of Millennials, who can't afford to leave their parents' basements, but apparently can afford $1000 phones and unlimited Internet access so tiny phone screes are the future! (ugh). Wait until these guys get older and their eyesight starts to go wonky with near-field viewing as their lenses harden. See how much they enjoy watching video on their phones then....

I just buy a show I want to watch on iTunes now. I ditched cable over a year ago and good riddance. It was nothing but constant repetitive commercials (streaming is even more repetitive with no way to skip forward). TV Shows used to be 52 minutes of the hour on average. Now they're 40-43 minutes. You're at 1/3 commercials. Sorry, that's AWFUL. iTunes at least lets me watch a show with zero commercials, often in (working) HD (good luck with the CBS streaming app) and I can watch it again any time without having to store it on my hard drive. The only problem is if they don't have a show (common with new shows until if/when they catch on). I mean why pay Hulu monthly for 5 old shows you want to watch when you can just buy them and never pay again? Maybe it's just me. I picked up all old Magnum PI for like $29. I mean that's a bargain. I've got all Seinfeld, all Everybody loves Raymond, all Buffy the Vampire Slayer, etc. I don't have to look for them on TV or watch a commercial ever again. It's great. The only issue is new stuff. Try two episodes before you buy would be nice. And some old stuff like Night Court is outrageously overpriced (not in HD either) while other stuff is a bargain. I've been waiting for Game of Thrones to be offered as a complete series package and so far it's too darn high ($200; I'm looking more for $90-120) and I don't know if Atmos is included or not (iTunes only says for movies).

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Would be interesting to have Janeway in an episode or two.

BTW I heard that Picard will be going to Amazon Prime after it's run on All Access.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Would be interesting to have Janeway in an episode or two.

BTW I heard that Picard will be going to Amazon Prime after it's run on All Access.
I believe it will be blocked from Amazon Prime for USA.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
One thing that really bothers me though. With our current technology, we can reasonably predict when a star will go super nova 1000s if not millions of years in advance. How could this elude the smarter, more technically advanced Romulans of the 24th century? Writers of Sci-Fi are so stupid sometimes :/
What are we doing to prevent Earth becoming a huge dump and not being able to support humans any longer? Maybe they had some Romulus Trump elected.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Patrick Stewart was 50 when TNG first was on! He was up there even then, his age lends a gravitas to the show, I don't think it's a negative.
What's up with new shows only having 8-10 episodes a seaons these days though? The TNG has 25 episodes a season! That's like 3 seasons of modern shows now.
I'm excited that Data, Riker, Troi, Seven of Nine, and Hugh will be in the show!

I hope it will be good!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis