Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Ratings
Uhh... How are we not talking about this yet?! Maybe they're intentionally just hitting all the right notes for us TNG and Voyager fans, but I for one am pretty excited! Especially when you see the cast list so far! I can't believe I'm saying this, but this JUST might push me over the edge for a CBS All Access sub. Well played, CBS. Well played...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Warlord
Ratings
5,600 22 9
I'm worried it's going to get the woke treatment...
Maybe, but I think Patrick Stewart is the kind of guy who just ups the game of anyone working with him, so I'm gonna stay optimistic on this one!

I wonder if the guy who owned my open box BD player and didn't delete his accounts (or change passwords) paid for a CBS sub?
I sure enjoyed his HBO for watching the last season of GoT!!!:)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Ratings
4,876 25 9
I'm cautiously optimistic but have some concerns:
  • Alex Kurtzman involvement, just look at STD as example
  • CBS/Hollywood woke movement ruining our favorite shows/movies
  • Patrick Stewart is a bit old to play the part
We shall see. I guess make it so #1.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Ratings
I'm cautiously optimistic but have some concerns:
  • Alex Kurtzman involvement, just look at STD as example
  • CBS/Hollywood woke movement ruining our favorite shows/movies
  • Patrick Stewart is a bit old to play the part
We shall see. I guess make it so #1.
I totally agree with your concerns, BUT what also gives me hope is that Patrick Stewart is going to keep things on track to be good. Also interesting is that Jonathan Frakes is coming on board to direct at least a couple episodes!!!

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Ratings
523 1 33
Looks promising, he sure did make a lot of enemies in his Star Trek next Generation.
Is it just on my end, when I click to post my comments are getting changed up some of the words added or taken away. Is it the forums autocorrect? I'm having to go back and correct just about every time I post.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Audioholic Slumlord
Ratings
2,183 5 6
Is it just on my end, when I click to post my comments are getting changed up some of the words added or taken away. Is it the forums autocorrect? I'm having to go back and correct just about every time I post.
Maybe your end to AI fill.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Ratings
4,876 25 9
One thing that really bothers me though. With our current technology, we can reasonably predict when a star will go super nova 1000s if not millions of years in advance. How could this elude the smarter, more technically advanced Romulans of the 24th century? Writers of Sci-Fi are so stupid sometimes :/

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Warlord
Ratings
5,600 22 9
One thing that really bothers me though. With our current technology, we can reasonably predict when a star will go super nova 1000s if not millions of years in advance. How could this elude the smarter, more technically advanced Romulans of the 24th century?
Maybe they knew it was coming, but didn't do anything about it because there were no well-developed cost justification studies showing specific outcomes for proposed countermeasures!?:rolleyes:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Spartan
Ratings
3,031 11 17
Maybe they knew it was coming, but didn't do anything about it because there were no well-developed cost justification studies showing specific outcomes for proposed countermeasures!?:rolleyes:
Scientists today can get within a couple hundred thousand years when it comes to predicting stuff like that, which isn't bad when you consider it's only a blip on the time scale of the universe. Compared to a lifetime for us tho, it's a very big window.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Samurai
Ratings
1,965 3
Scientists today can get within a couple hundred thousand years when it comes to predicting stuff like that, which isn't bad when you consider it's only a blip on the time scale of the universe. Compared to a lifetime for us tho, it's a very big window.
Perhaps the Romulans are a planet of solar-climate-deniers whose government controlled science council insisted it was just a passing phase and all would be fine.:oops:
Too close to reality. Sorry, too early... my filter hasn’t woken up yet. :rolleyes:

:cool:

Last edited:

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis