Speaker setting for dB vs volume

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Make sure you get the center channel that matches your main L/R.

They're not as critical but save to get the surround sound speakers that are in the same family too

S

sameer.patel

Audioholic Intern
Make sure you get the center channel that matches your main L/R.

They're not as critical but save to get the surround sound speakers that are in the same family too
Thanks for info, yea I bought klipsch reference premier series so will match my rest with same family line, existed for the new speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
so did little research and set frequency at 80hz for all speakers and adjust the db level to 75db measured with spl meter. But not sure if I did it right or it’s a best audio setting. Also I just added 4 in celing Dolby atmos which is also set as same above standard.

Not sure what you meant by set frequency at 80 Hz. If you meant setting the crossovers to 80 Hz that would be fine, but if you used an 80 Hz test tone to set the speakers trim levels then it would be fine.

Also, using the receivers test tone to set all speakers to 75 dB is okay but not for the subwoofers. For subwoofer trim level you are better off relying on Onkyo's auto setup. Your spl meter may not be accurately calibrated for the low frequencies.

S

sameer.patel

Audioholic Intern
So I finally bought klipsch reference premium front L+R tower and center . Rest 4 is still Bose, should I set front speakers Large now and what cross over ?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
So I finally bought klipsch reference premium front L+R tower and center . Rest 4 is still Bose, should I set front speakers Large now and what cross over ?

Small with an 80hz crossover, you can try 60hz and see which you prefer. You have 2 subs and its a good idea to let them do what they do best and also make life easier for the AVR and speakers.
Think of small/large as bass management on or off, it doesn’t really have much to do with the size of your speakers. No idea why they havet changed the wording since it causes a massive amount of people to use the wrong settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
And gratz on nice new speakers! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis