Speaker Cable advice

M

milcol

Enthusiast
New to forum need advice on speaker cable,the length of cable will be less than 15 feet for center speaker and front speakers,what guage would be best and what connectors are are recommended,any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
my opinion.

some generic 12 - 16 gauge from home depot will do fine for those lengths .

I find banana plugs the easiest to work with although there is no sonic differences between them, spades, pins and even bare wires. But, if you do go the bare wire rout, tin the ends with a drop of solder to prevent any expensive accidental shorts.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Along with Home Depot Radio Shack is another place to get your speaker wire. Do not get the Monster wire that Radio Shack now sells, just get their basic 14 gauge stuff. I find 14 guage easier to work with so with only a 15 foot run I would choose the 14 guage for that reason.

A

adamrc

Enthusiast
I suggest getting some Sound King 12 Gauge speaker cable from Parts Express dot com. It's not overpriced and the quality is very good. I have some and I am very impressed with it. As far as connectors go, I would go with banana plugs. I would go with the GLS locking banana's. They can be found online.

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
I just got some nice gold plated dual screw down banana clips from impact acoustics and think they are great. They connect very tight. I think I could hang from them:D Well, maybe not.
They are WAY cheap, especially with the audioholics discount. They ship fast and are great to deal with.

Pat

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis