Speaker Advice Needed

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I've read many of your posts concerning Denon AVR when listening to stereo material: It quite simply does not make any sense with all the testing done. In this, the onus is on you to prove your claims.
Ok, you read my post but you haven't listened to both the yamaha & denon side by side in the SAME room & SAME speakers. I have had both of them & prefer yamaha.
I can say your comment doesn't make any sense to me.

Once you try both the comparable models then come back & argue on it, until then don't defend your favourite brand just because you're married to it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Why do I need to prove it to you? If somone has the feeling that one sounds better then the other then you should just accept it.

Measurements aren't the only thing in how an equipment when matched to certain brand will sound.

Look at the thread, Hegel 90 vs Denon, op tried his best to convey his experience between the Denon X4700H & Hegel 90, but you'll pushed him into believing it was all his imagination or say perception about the brands. What in the actual f?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
You make some extraordinary claims and on this forum there are more than few that is more than willing (don't you hear them begging?) to be part of any well construed (edit: Well constructed, my bad) experiment.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Elle.
Oh.
Elle.
Btw treb, you look lovely as well.

@Stoney, I agree with the HSUgood choice. On your list, I’d test the primes since it soars nothing. And if you can, try the bigger RSL’s. That’s also free.

S

Stoney

Audiophyte
I took the plunge and went with the Ascend CBM-170's all around with the CMT-340 center and the HSU VTF-2 MK5 Sub .My receiver is a Denon AVR-S950H 7.2 channel.
I sure hope I made a good decision . It came down to the rsl's and ascends. Have never owned a surround and definitely don't know the first thing about setting one up. Reason for joining the group lol. So I'm sure I will be shouting out for help soon. I really appreciate everyone thoughts and replies and tips. It was a really hard decision especially when money doesn't fall out of trees.
Tks again.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I took the plunge and went with the Ascend CBM-170's all around with the CMT-340 center and the HSU VTF-2 MK5 Sub .My receiver is a Denon AVR-S950H 7.2 channel.
I sure hope I made a good decision . It came down to the rsl's and ascends. Have never owned a surround and definitely don't know the first thing about setting one up. Reason for joining the group lol. So I'm sure I will be shouting out for help soon. I really appreciate everyone thoughts and replies and tips. It was a really hard decision especially when money doesn't fall out of trees.
Tks again.
Roger that! Congratulations I think you’ll be very happy.
Make sure to come back. Well so our best to help you out.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I sure hope I made a good decision .
Awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats, I haven't heard anything say a bad word about Ascend acoustics. Definitely made a good choice.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

S

Stoney

Audiophyte
Well I see they don't have the Subs available right now. Next question, How about the SVS PB 2000? Would the HSU still be the better choice? If so guess I can wait till they get some bk in stock.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Well I see they don't have the Subs available right now. Next question, How about the SVS PB 2000? Would the HSU still be the better choice? If so guess I can wait till they get some bk in stock.
The SVS PB-2000 Pro is Awesome

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis