Spam on Audioholics

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
The posts that contain no links (spam) the users aren't banned. The posts that contain links (spam) are banned.

Out of your list there are two banned accounts.

If you have an actual point can you get to it? I feel like you are starting to waste my time.
When you say banned accounts, are you actually removing the spam post or just banning the account but leaving the post visible? Because the spam posts are still right there to be seen.

jinjuku

jinjuku

When you say banned accounts, are you actually removing the spam post or just banning the account but leaving the post visible? Because the spam posts are still right there to be seen.
There is a one button bulk spam action it's supposed to ban and remove the post. Some of what has been now reported is years old. I just banned the account.

What I do if it's reported (new) is I one button them and if I see the account has multiple posts I go and delete them also. I'm not doing that for years old posts.

Again this now 'is what it is'.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
The tculverjames spam posts are all within the last two months. And that's only one example of probably 50 or 100 in the last few months.

jinjuku

jinjuku

The tculverjames spam posts are all within the last two months. And that's only one example of probably 50 or 100 in the last few months.
AGAIN: I'm not going back and cleaning up threads that are going dormant. I'll ban the user. Now if you send a report about new spamming, and I get to it before another mod, I'll ban and clean up the post(s).

If this isn't good enough for you, it's a free site.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
One more thought: Gene and associates are consistently putting up content with merit (I appreciated the MCU editorial). The forum is a slice of the content pie that Gene offers.

The moderators do an unpaid job. If I see a report I act on it. If someone else acts on it I don't see it and vice-versa.

I'm sorry @Steve81 feels abandoned. No one should feel thankless or put upon. I know other mods have been left feeling burned out @Matt34.

There are certainly a list of members that I miss very much: @buckeyefan @Haloeb @majorloser and others that I can't remember their exact handle. If you are listening I hope you are doing well and at least pop back into to say hello.
Is @Bizarro_Stormy still around?

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
The account tculverjames just posted more spam today.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Spam isn't taking up nearly as much space on the forums as useless tattle-tale threads.;)

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Did you report it? Do you think we sit around and read all the threads. If you see it report it or STFU.
I reported it in this very thread by mentioning that particular account not just once but twice, only to see that you moderators didn't even bother to look.

If that's not good enough for you, then it's obvious that Steve was right and the moderators just don't care.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I reported it in this very thread by mentioning that particular account not just once but twice, only to see that you moderators didn't even bother to look.

If that's not good enough for you, then it's obvious that Steve was right and the moderators just don't care.
Reporting: Definition: clicking the "Report" link. Mentioning it on other threads is NOT reporting, is spamming.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I reported a spam post the other day...It was a link to Sony or something from a new poster.
It was gone within an hour or so.
Reporting works...god job all !!

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
I already said that the last time I reported spam - using the very method you insist I use - I got called an asshole by a moderator and suspended for a week, presumably because I reported several spam posts in a matter of minutes.

So surely you can understand why I stopped reporting them that way.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I already said that the last time I reported spam - using the very method you insist I use - I got called an asshole by a moderator and suspended for a week, presumably because I reported several spam posts in a matter of minutes.

So surely you can understand why I stopped reporting them that way.
I report them this way all the time. Never had an issue.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yea, I thought I was being helpful. The response I got was quite a surprise.
Consider it an outlier? Move on and use the reporting feature again?

As to tjamesculver, haven't noticed any particularly spammy posts that I can think of....what is he spamming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis