M

Mike G

Audiophyte
I want to improve the sound quality of my television. I have a receiver set up (totally separate system) for CDs and to play music. My issue is limited to the tv. I would like to find a soundbar that will adapt to my tv remote control (VIZIO), which I use exclusively for audio and to switch back and forth between streaming and over the air tv. My budget is $200 max. I realize this is not going to get me the highest quality audio, but I am only looking for an improvement in the current situation. My tv has an unused Optical port as well as RCA jacks. I have read reviews of umpteen soundbars and have come away only more confused than I was in the beginning. Is there a soundbar out there that will allow me to use my existing tv remote using an optical connection? The last thing I want is another remote control. All input is welcome.
Mike G

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I want to improve the sound quality of my television. I have a receiver set up (totally separate system) for CDs and to play music. My issue is limited to the tv. I would like to find a soundbar that will adapt to my tv remote control (VIZIO), which I use exclusively for audio and to switch back and forth between streaming and over the air tv. My budget is $200 max. I realize this is not going to get me the highest quality audio, but I am only looking for an improvement in the current situation. My tv has an unused Optical port as well as RCA jacks. I have read reviews of umpteen soundbars and have come away only more confused than I was in the beginning. Is there a soundbar out there that will allow me to use my existing tv remote using an optical connection? The last thing I want is another remote control. All input is welcome.
Mike G
You should be able to use your current remote for volume control, but not power.

As far as recommending a sound bar in that price range, you're not going to get a good selection. You need to just go listen to some. The best "cheap" sound bar I've heard was actually a Vizio. My dad has one and loves it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis