SOS: Can't find any system that sounds as good as my current one from 2000. How can this be / what am I doing wrong?

G

godzfire

Audiophyte
Short Summary Version: Have old audio system from 2000 and can't find a replacement that sounds the same / has the same clarity/definition, and Autism makes this an overwhelming ordeal, need help.

---------------------------------------------

I apologize in advance for the long post and if I by mistake chose the wrong section; I suffer from Autism and just so stressed and frustrated trying to figure this out:

I have a Philips FW-C10 Mini Hi-Fi System made in 2000 that I bought right around the same time. (Manual: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/f/fw-c10_22/fw-c10_22_dfu_eng.pdf)

*** PART I: THE SETUP ***
I've always had it hooked up as the audio speakers for whatever computer I had : I used a 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA adapter cable to connect it from my computer to the FW-C10's RCA Aux In port in the back of the unit. I then have set it to the Aux / external source option. In that time I've gone through three different computers and got the best cables for that setup since the unit only has a single RCA in, nothing else.

*** PART II: THE REASON FOR NEEDING SOMETHING ELSE ***
Over the nearly now 20 years I've had it, it's served me well, but there's been four areas of concern with it:

1. Hiss/white noise coming from the speakers when idle / silent. It's not super loud, but if you put your ears near the speakers, you'll hear it
EDIT: I've had this issue through all three different computers I've owned during that time and the different cables/connections I've used, or even if there's NO cable connecting the FW-C10 to anything else. See more on that below.
2. Now large and bulky main unit / amplifier unit (12.25”H x 10.5”W x 12.5”D) greatly limits options for new tv stands / entertainment centers because it won't fit a lot of them
3. Limited speaker cable length due to one end being built directly into the speakers and not being able to add more to increase placement options, further limiting where/how I can put the main unit and speakers, going with #2
4. External audio connection options limited to only analog (RCA) and speaker connection is the difficult bare speaker wire - spring/push terminal connectors

The most problematic / immediate issue I've been dealing with for years is #1 the hiss/static which I trie to remedy by trying the following:
1. Removed all external cords; just the FW-C10 unit plugged in with power and the speakers connected, nothing else. No connection to the computer at all. Nothing even connected to the AUX in line. And even with nothing connected setting having the source set to AUX has the hiss/white noise. It's been essentially the same since I originally bought it, plus the duplicate spare model I have also has the same issue and white noise level, so I fear it's related to the components that make up this unit.
EDIT: I did just try a test now plugging headphones into the FW-C10's headphone jack, with the same setup as above. The white noise is there, but it's definitely less noticeable.
2. With same setup, tested the CD, Tuner and Tape source settings. On those it's essentially non-existent. Going back to the AUX source- back to the louder hiss
3. Use different power outlets and surge protector options to make sure it's not electrical related. Same issue.
4. Try same-model spare speakers: Had bought some spares in case my old ones failed. Same issue.
5. Try different model speakers: Hiss is slightly less, but still more than it should be. Same issue.
6. Try a same-model spare power cord. Same issue.
7. Try a SECOND, same-model FW-C10: Yes, a number of years ago I bought a spare, exact same model FW-C10 in case my original failed. Exact same issue.

It was at that point I frustratingly confirmed it has to do with the FW-C10 main unit itself on the AUX source setting, and I was screwed with nothing else I know to try. Wanting to address issue #1 but also seeing this as an opportunity to take care of the other concerns too, I looked online for something to replace it with. Seeing as my unit was 20 years old and technology/audio quality has increased a bunch since then, I didn't even hesitate to think I couldn't find something that sounded at least the same as that. I was wrong.

*** PART III: PURCHASE ATTEMPTS & MISSING MIDs/HIGH-MIDs ***
After doing a lot of researching and looking around online, I chose an Edifier R1850DB. The lows and high highs were there, but something was off; the mid & mid-highs were missing; it was flat with no clarity/definition there. I attempted different cable connection options and bass/treble adjustments, but switching back and forth between that and my FW-C10, it was obvious it wasn't going to match what I was hearing from my FW-C10.

I thought it was just maybe a bad make/model and I needed to buy something better/different. I got/tested/went through the following:
1. Edifier R1850DB Active Bookshelf Speakers - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073W1R4XQ/
2. Edifier R2000DB Active Bookshelf Speakers - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016PAWJYS
3. Edifier S1000DB Active Bookshelf Speakers - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CDIS6M0
4. Yamaha R-N303 Receiver - https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-R-N303BL-Stereo-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B074F246M9
5. Sharp XL-HF203B Hi-Fi Component Speaker System - https://www.amazon.com/Sharp-XL-HF203B-Component-Speaker-Resolution/dp/B071HFZ5DL
6. Onkyo CS-265(B) CD Hi-Fi Mini System - https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-CS-265-Hi-Fi-System-Bluetooth/dp/B00N9QQVQY

I swear all of these have the same issue to my ears. I tried swapping the different systems, their connections, and their speakers. Same results: the mid & mid-highs are flat with no clarity/definition there, while I can hear those muted details back on my FW-C10. I hooked up my FW-C10's speakers to those systems; nope, sound still lacking on those systems. As a last resort test, I hooked up speakers from the new units to my FW-C10. I could hear the details, not quite the same as the FW-C10's own speakers, but they were there.

UPDATE: When I was/am trying with the newer systems, I am testing with ALL connection options: hdmi/optical, Bluetooth, Airtunes. They all have zero hiss/white noise (even connecting it using the analog RCA/3.5mm connection). Even plugging in $30 behind the ear headphones to the back of my new computer with the 3.5 mm jack, the connection is completely clear; no noise level. The problem, is the sound not sounding like what I've had for so long, and not having a way to adjust it.

*** PART IV: MYSTERY SOLVED(?), BUT MAIN PROBLEM STILL REMAINS ***
What makes my unit sound so different/better then? After all the testing and looking at the manual, I think I found it. It has a feature called called 'DSC (Digital Sound Control)' with it's explanation as "the DSC feature enables you to enjoy special sound effects that have preset equalizer settings (Optimal, Jazz, Rock or Techno), providing the best music reproduction.". For the entire time I've had this system, I've always had this activated and set to Optimal, which also activates a feature called Dynamic Bass Boost (DBB) which "enhances the bass response.". So for some 20 years, that's how I've always heard music.

This leads me to where I'm stuck at now: I know there's no way all these different systems can be bad, but at the same time, none of them sound as good with the mid & mid-highs clarity/definition that mine does. All I want is a system that will do that same quality of sound, but I can't find any. I need help and answers to things I don't know about:

- How are the mid & mid-highs clarity/definition missing from all of these?
- Am I not buying the right equipment?
- Is there anything I could do to at least stop the hiss/white noise from my current system
- Are there physical EQ units (not software based) you can add in the 'equipment chain' you can be buy that would allow me to try to replicate what I've been used to for 2 decades?

Seriously, any and ALL help regarding this would be incredibly appreciated. Audio is a huge part of my life and like I said I suffer from Autism and this has gotten me immensely filled with stress and anxiety because I just want to find a solution.

PS: If there are any other sites or forums people know where I could post this to for answers, please let me know.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It may not be a question of better but merely preference. Seems this is all fairly low end gear, tho, so that could be part of it. How did you test that N303 with active speakers or was that just with your old speakers?

For the questions:
1/ This can happen with certain amps or very high sensitivity speakers. If not audible at your listening position in normal use I wouldn't worry about it.

2/ That is a fairly small unit by my standards. I don't worry about tv stands or entertainment centers, I don't use them, I use equipment racks. Entertainment center type units I just find limiting.

3/ Splicing cable can easily be done if you just want to extend the speaker cable length, altho depending on gauge of original wire used, this could be less than optimal. Alternatively opening the speakers and changing wire/terminals is also possible.

4/ Better gear comes with better terminals/connectors unless you can change what you have (possible but could be difficult).

What budget range can we work with?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Short Summary Version: Have old audio system from 2000 and can't find a replacement that sounds the same / has the same clarity/definition, and Autism makes this an overwhelming ordeal, need help.

---------------------------------------------

I apologize in advance for the long post and if I by mistake chose the wrong section; I suffer from Autism and just so stressed and frustrated trying to figure this out:

I have a Philips FW-C10 Mini Hi-Fi System made in 2000 that I bought right around the same time. (Manual: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/f/fw-c10_22/fw-c10_22_dfu_eng.pdf)

*** PART I: THE SETUP ***

I've always had it hooked up as the audio speakers for whatever computer I had : I used a 3.5mm to 2-Male RCA adapter cable to connect it from my computer to the FW-C10's RCA Aux In port in the back of the unit. I then have set it to the Aux / external source option.

*** PART II: THE REASON FOR NEEDING SOMETHING ELSE ***

Over the nearly now 20 years I've had it, it's served me well, but there's been four areas of concern with it:
1) Hiss/white noise coming from the speakers when idle / silent. It's not super loud, but if you put your ears near the speakers, you'll hear it
2) Now large and bulky main unit / amplifier unit (12.25”H x 10.5”W x 12.5”D) greatly limits options for new tv stands / entertainment centers because it won't fit a lot of them
3) Limited speaker cable length due to one end being built directly into the speakers and not being able to add more to increase placement options, further limiting where/how I can put the main unit and speakers, going with #2
4) External audio connection options limited to only analog (RCA) and speaker connection is the difficult bare speaker wire - spring/push terminal connectors

The most problematic / immediate issue I've been dealing with for years is #1 the hiss/static which I trie to remedy by trying the following:
A) Removing the cable from the computer to the audio in port and just having the FW-C10 plugged in to power and speakers connected with AUX turned on: Noise still present
B) With same setup, tested the CD, Tuner and Tape source settings. On those it's essentially non-existent. Going back to the AUX source- back to the louder hiss
C) Use different power outlets and surge protector options to make sure it's not electrical related. Same issue.
D) Try same-model spare speakers: Had bought some spares in case my old ones failed. Same issue.
E) Try different model speakers: Hiss is slightly less, but still more than it should be. Same issue.
F) Try a same-model spare power cord. Same issue.
G) Try a SECOND, same-model FW-C10: Yes, a number of years ago I bought a spare, exact same model FW-C10 in case my original failed. Exact same issue.

It was at that point I frustratingly confirmed it has to do with the FW-C10 main unit itself on the AUX source setting, and I was screwed with nothing else I know to try. Wanting to address issue #1 but also seeing this as an opportunity to take care of the other concerns too, I looked online for something to replace it with. Seeing as my unit was 20 years old and technology/audio quality has increased a bunch since then, I didn't even hesitate to think I couldn't find something that sounded at least the same as that. I was wrong.

*** PART III: PURCHASE ATTEMPTS & MISSING MIDs/HIGH-MIDs ***

After doing a lot of researching and looking around online, I chose an Edifier R1850DB. The lows and high highs were there, but something was off; the mid & mid-highs were missing; it was flat with no clarity/definition there. I attempted different cable connection options and bass/treble adjustments, but switching back and forth between that and my FW-C10, it was obvious it wasn't going to match what I was hearing from my FW-C10.

I thought it was just maybe a bad make/model and I needed to buy something better/different. I got/tested/went through the following:
1) Edifier R1850DB Active Bookshelf Speakers - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073W1R4XQ/
2) Edifier R2000DB Active Bookshelf Speakers - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016PAWJYS
3) Edifier S1000DB Active Bookshelf Speakers - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CDIS6M0
4) Yamaha R-N303 Receiver - https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-R-N303BL-Stereo-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B074F246M9
5) Sharp XL-HF203B Hi-Fi Component Speaker System - https://www.amazon.com/Sharp-XL-HF203B-Component-Speaker-Resolution/dp/B071HFZ5DL
6) Onkyo CS-265(B) CD Hi-Fi Mini System - https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-CS-265-Hi-Fi-System-Bluetooth/dp/B00N9QQVQY

I swear all of these have the same issue to my ears. I tried swapping the different systems, their connections, and their speakers. Same results: the mid & mid-highs are flat with no clarity/definition there, while I can hear those muted details back on my FW-C10. I hooked up my FW-C10's speakers to those systems; nope, sound still lacking on those systems. As a last resort test, I hooked up speakers from the new units to my FW-C10. I could hear the details, not quite the same as the FW-C10's own speakers, but they were there.

What makes my unit sound so different/better then? After all the testing and looking at the manual, I think I found it. It has a feature called called 'DSC (Digital Sound Control)' with it's explanation as "the DSC feature enables you to enjoy special sound effects that have preset equalizer settings (Optimal, Jazz, Rock or Techno), providing the best music reproduction.". For the entire time I've had this system, I've always had this activated and set to Optimal, which also activates a feature called Dynamic Bass Boost (DBB) which "enhances the bass response.". So for some 20 years, that's how I've always heard music.

This leads me to where I'm stuck at now: I know there's no way all these different systems can be bad, but at the same time, none of them sound as good with the mid & mid-highs clarity/definition that mine does. All I want is a system that will do that same quality of sound, but I can't find any. I need help and answers to things I don't know about:

- How are the mid & mid-highs clarity/definition missing from all of these?
- Am I not buying the right equipment?
- Is there anything I could do to at least stop the hiss/white noise from my current system?

Seriously, any and ALL help regarding this would be incredibly appreciated. Audio is a huge part of my life and like I said I suffer from Autism and this has gotten me immensely filled with stress and anxiety because I just want to find a solution.

PS: If there are any other sites or forums people know where I could post this to for answers, please let me know.
One thing I do know is that although I do not believe in speaker break in I do believe in ear break in what I mean by that is this

I used to own a pair of cerwin vega MX 250 towers over 20 years ago I had them forever.
They were made for the military in a limited edition they were not your ordinary cerwin Vegas

They had the best midrange to this day I've ever heard. Period. The highs were great and very detailed but smooth. This midbass on these things was something else. There sensitivity was off the charts I could drive them with any receiver I ever owned to as loud as I wanted and never ever could get distortion. The reciever would crap out before they would

My point is I got very very used to there sound signature. When I dived into this hobby a couple years ago full force my ears were shocked at what I couldn't seem to replicate with those speakers

BUT that didn't make the new setups I was debuting worse. They just presented the sound differently than what my ears had been accustomed too.

Once I gave a few systems a chance I found several I enjoyed until I ended up with the one I'm at now.

My point is it may take a while to find the right setup to match the setup your ears have grown used to for 20 years.

Make sure that whatever you want to try out had a generous return policy that will let you debut the system for at least 30 days.

You need to hear it with your ears in your room and give it at least 2 weeks to really once your ears adjust see if it's right for you or not

Be patient it can be frustrating reboxing and shipping stuff back but you will be rewarded for your patience and persistence.

Hopefully as lovin suggests though there may be some fixes for the gear you have now. Because if you still love it well why throw away replacing something that you still love

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
My onkyo 818 is my far best amp I’ve had but it’s super obsolete now advanced technology has replaced it like atmos . But it’s very clear and lifelike even with low end klipsch icon and Andrew Jones speakers . Integra off access 4 less or similar models from other brands could probably help you be able to tweak everything.

Find it hard to beilive you only like this 1 system ...

Get a large powerful subwoofer too , no shelf system can compete with high end avr or separates .

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

G

godzfire

Audiophyte
OP here: I've added additional responses, updates, and information hopefully to help.

It may not be a question of better but merely preference. Seems this is all fairly low end gear, tho, so that could be part of it. How did you test that N303 with active speakers or was that just with your old speakers?
For the questions:
1/ This can happen with certain amps or very high sensitivity speakers. If not audible at your listening position in normal use I wouldn't worry about it.
I tried with my old speakers, and my same-model spares. The hiss/white noise was almost non-existant when hooking the speakers up to the N303 or any of the other systems I bought, so it confirms it's an issue with components of the FW-C10 unit itself. It's lough enough unfortunately. For years it's just been something I've just annoyingly dealt with.

]2/ That is a fairly small unit by my standards. I don't worry about tv stands or entertainment centers, I don't use them, I use equipment racks. Entertainment center type units I just find limiting.
Well my entertainment center is essentially my control center for everything: computer, printer, modem and router, tv, and then of course the audio system. This is a picture of it and the stressful mess that I am dealing with trying to test this stuff.

3/ Splicing cable can easily be done if you just want to extend the speaker cable length, altho depending on gauge of original wire used, this could be less than optimal. Alternatively opening the speakers and changing wire/terminals is also possible.
I've heard about splicing and soldering extended wires, but I don't have the equipment to do so or the knowledge. I have uploaded in the main post the specs for the unit which I hope includes the gauge of the wire (or at least the manual does?).

4/ Better gear comes with better terminals/connectors unless you can change what you have (possible but could be difficult).
What budget range can we work with?
To find something that could replicate or get close to replicating my system and get peace of mind I've been willing to spend up to $400. Unfortunately funds are limited due to health issues and not able to work.

Integra off access 4 less or similar models from other brands could probably help you be able to tweak everything.
I'm sorry but I'm not understanding what you are saying.

Find it hard to believe you only like this 1 system ...
It's all I've had in the past 20 years.

The problem is I can't find a system to replace it with that sounds like what I've been accustomed to, or even get close to it via adjustments. So feel trapped and just going to return everything before the return windows close and be stuck with my same setup. I don't know what else to do.

(For those reading this, please know I'm not trying to be or sound stubborn to change. I'm just desperately trying to figure this out and coming to the realization that my ears have been tainted for 20 some years for what I thought music sounded like, and now I can't figure out how to correct it)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
OP here: I've added additional responses, updates, and information hopefully to help.

I tried with my old speakers, and my same-model spares. The hiss/white noise was almost non-existant when hooking the speakers up to the N303 or any of the other systems I bought, so it confirms it's an issue with components of the FW-C10 unit itself. It's lough enough unfortunately. For years it's just been something I've just annoyingly dealt with.

Well my entertainment center is essentially my control center for everything: computer, printer, modem and router, tv, and then of course the audio system. This is a picture of it and the stressful mess that I am dealing with trying to test this stuff.

I've heard about splicing and soldering extended wires, but I don't have the equipment to do so or the knowledge. I have uploaded in the main post the specs for the unit which I hope includes the gauge of the wire (or at least the manual does?).

To find something that could replicate or get close to replicating my system and get peace of mind I've been willing to spend up to $400. Unfortunately funds are limited due to health issues and not able to work.

The problem is I can't find a system to replace it with that sounds like what I've been accustomed to, or even get close to it via adjustments. So feel trapped and just going to return everything before the return windows close and be stuck with my same setup. I don't know what else to do.

(For those reading this, please know I'm not trying to be or sound stubborn to change. I'm just desperately trying to figure this out and coming to the realization that my ears have been tainted for 20 some years for what I thought music sounded like, and now I can't figure out how to correct it)
Hey don't be so hard on yourself my friend if that's what your ears have grown to love that's what your ears have grown to love. Return everything and then get back with us I'm confident we can be of some help to you in figuring some things out

Theres been some great articles on here of late of building killer systems on small budgets

I know everyone on here can give you some good ideas on gear to try that'll hit your budget

Hang in there control your day to day and well do our best to help you get your music back on track

I can relate to your angst over this I had a head injury that left me with an anxiety disorder music and movies is a big relief to me

My recent move when everything was off line for a bit I definetly was noticing not having something that helps me relax and cope so we got u well be here to help

Just let us know when you return the items and are ready for some items to try to debut

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You ever considered having different speakers in different rooms or setting up , a area for testing stuff out ? I’ve not heard enough good brands . Maybe some users on here more experienced can suggest something worth trying .

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think Danzilla31 makes an excellent point. You're used to a certain sound signature and you need to give your brain a little time to adjust. You may find that you'll grow to like something even better.

For now I say focus in your speakers. Don't get wrapped up sources and amplifiers. That stuff is going to have the least impact on what you hear. That is all in the speakers. Speakers, speakers, speakers! Buy from somewhere with generous return policies and try different speakers in your room. Give yourself a week or 2 to adjust to the new sound. Return if unhappy.

Once you get your speakers sorted then you can fuss over electronics. The differences there are going to come down to your preference for room correction and features.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What are you doing with all those Phillips speakers..? You have a bit of a kerfuffle going there. Test one thing at a time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The hiss thing can be annoying no doubt when loud enough to hear (or sometimes just knowing its there). At least you know now that it's inherent to the Philips electronics since you tried a new unit as well. The Philips speakers are 3 ohm so may not play well with other amps not designed for such low impedance, at least not at very loud levels. I tend to think you just like the sound of those particular speakers, which really aren't very good. Like @Pogre said perhaps its just you that needs to become accustomed to other speakers.

Splicing a wire doesn't need soldering, you can simply twist wire together in a way that they don't easily come undone, using wire nuts like these with some judicious use of electrical tape would work well. Maybe this article or similar might help, or search for a video on youtube. I didn't see anything about wire gauge your system came with, but it's likely just adequate (and I'd guess 18-22 gauge range).

It's a low budget for new amp and speakers, especially if there's something unique about the sound of yours that is not going to come with new amp/speakers. Maybe a computer speaker system from Logitech might fit the bill for size as well as cost, they generally get decent reports for audio quality. Maybe if you have some audio stores in your area you can go demo gear at to find that sound you're looking for....but it's hard to know what you're looking for over the internet since we can't hear what you do.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Another thought, is it possible you have some setting enabled in your Philips amp that enhances the sound in some way like a loudness contour or similar?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
This post is not really addressing your issue, skip to my next post for that!
This is just musing over inexpensive crap that somehow did great things (for my ear)!
As you seem to understand, your system is far from hi-fi!
However, reading this reminded me of a few experiences I have had over my life!
When I was a kid, a GE Tabletop Clock-Radio similar to this (early 60's?):

Obviously, it did not have the fidelity of my dad's Heathkit system, but even decades later, when I had a couple of real systems and went home to visit my mom, this thing would still catch my ear with how clean and clear it sounded! My best explanation was that while it was very much compromised for lows and highs, it was very high quality for the frequencies it could manage!
Later, I bought a Sharp Boom-box for about $200 in ~1989 after listening to tons of them. This is not a testimony to Sharp - they made plenty of poor systems like everyone else! I think it was decent engineering combined with the perfect alignment of the stars (a.k.a. dumb luck)! Again, I could never call it hi-fi, but it was too listenable for what it was.
Last, and most impressive was a small Magnavox boom-box I bought blind on sale for around $30, it was just dumb luck that this was so good! Certainly I would have never expected much from Magnavox in the early 2000's! I wanted something to play after hours at work when I stayed over to work on a project. The Testing Lab I ran was not secure, so it needed to be something that would not invite theft and that I would not feel too much pain if it disappeared! At one point I had an older lady hired as a temporary employee running inspections on a CMM second shift and let her use it so she wouldn't nod off. When the job was done, she asked me if I would sell it to her! In so many ways it was a $30 POS, but the sound was just better than it ever should have been!
I have always had good exposure to good systems and plenty of live music, so I would argue that these actually had good SQ, the only big liability being that they were limited in frequency range and SPL!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm guessing you are right. This is even more likely if you listen at low volumes where these EQ settings can make a decent difference (IME, they are pretty bad if you listen at volume, but can give a much fuller sound at low volumes).
Unfortunately, that does not make for an easy solution. Finding a unit to replicate what the Philpis did 20 years ago is not easy. Ideally it is the case that Philips did not get the perfect sound for your ears, but simply provided some of EQ in the right general direction.
Aside from tons of trial and error to find a similar sound, I think you may be able to get what you want out of a Yamaha receiver with their loudness knob! Unfortunately, the Yamaha you bought does not have this feature.
If you look at the unit below, you will see 4 "paddle-knobs" (these are not buttons like your Yamaha has). The right most of these is labeled "Loudness". The nice thing about this is you can choose how much of the loudness effect you want.
Will this solve you problem? I don't know!
At $350, it is not cheap!

If you happen to live near Atlanta, Ga, I'd be happy to let you listen to some of my gear (including a unit like above and an external EQ) and see if we can figure out a good solution for you!

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

One thing to point out is you don't have to figure out how to correct it our amazing bodies and ears will find a way to correct it themselves they do it all the time.

You just have to try things out and give them time to get used to new speakers it may take a couple times I went through 3 different systems till I found the one I have know that I love but eventually I found something that was able to replace my beloved cerwin vega MX 250's

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If you happen to live near Atlanta, Ga, I'd be happy to let you listen to some of my gear (including a unit like above and an external EQ) and see if we can figure out a good solution for you!
Rolling out the Twister Matt and warmin' up the Mazola ... no shame in your game. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis