Sony UBP-X800 Video quality settings, Auto/Custom 1/Custom 2?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
If you can get the TV to display the info, that would help. If it is different from the info from the Denon, then something is being lost in transit.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
If you can get the TV to display the info, that would help. If it is different from the info from the Denon, then something is being lost in transit.
I'm not sure where I'd pull that info up from on the TCL? I'm watching Top gun now, HDR 10 and it looks amazing. Maybe it was just my eyes going crazy. I have it on "Auto" now. Looks excellent even for an old movie.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
These are my screenshots.
Huh, I didn't see color space and I was on that very menu page? Hmm, I wonder why? I did not see "Color space" on that Denon menu page? That's strange.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome! Ok, looks good on Denon end. If you can find it, there is a setting in your TV called HDMI mode. It should already be set to HDMI 2.0. If not, change it.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
These are my screenshots.
So on my Screen if I pause, or skip forward, my AVR displays this info.

On the Bluray remote I have this "Playback Info" button. Maybe you have a similar one.

On the Marantz Denon, 1st the text turns orange so I know I'm in full 4k mode. But also on these pages this is what you should see.

This is 4k Oblivion, and the stats are obvious from the screenshots.

Also if I press the BRP info button a second time I get detailed HDR meta
20201115_142422.jpg
data.

Last edited:
I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Huh, I didn't see color space and I was on that very menu page? Hmm, I wonder why? I did not see "Color space" on that Denon menu page? That's strange.

Well they're "almost" the same AVR. Maybe your Denon is newer or older a year..? I forgot already your model, but I thought they were close enough.

If you need the setting from the BRP, I can show them but I'm not sure of are as compatible as our AVR's should be.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well they're "almost" the same AVR. Maybe your Denon is newer or older a year..? I forgot already your model, but I thought they were close enough.

If you need the setting from the BRP, I can show them but I'm not sure of are as compatible as our AVR's should be.
Denon X3400H, 2 years old maybe? I just saw color space and just BT2020, I didn't see 4/4/4 or anything like that.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe I need to bite the bullet and get the Panasonic 4K player. It is supposed to be the best out there.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic

General/Information /Video/HDMI Signal Info. /HDMI Monitor 1

How about this page?
1605469045271.jpg

BTW not sure why it's fuzzy on camera pics but if I turn on a light I get a reflection. Will try that if you can't see it.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

How about this page?
View attachment 41671

BTW not sure why it's fuzzy on camera pics but if I turn on a light I get a reflection. Will try that if you can't see it.
Ok, I'll check that out. Thanks for all the help but the way and got the patience. I can be a little slow.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Denon X3400H, 2 years old maybe? I just saw color space and just BT2020, I didn't see 4/4/4 or anything like that.

Uhhh... Well maybe it's one of those things Marantz gets that Denon doesn't..? But I think my 6013 is also 2 years old.

Either way, if you see it from the Bluray info, then it's probably fine. Because the top line of that image shows the content fed TO the BRP, and the Bottom HDMI INFO is what the BRP is sending out.

I'm sure your Denon is 4:4:4 capable. I think. Of course I'll write that then go look it up and for whatever reason it won't be true. But I think it should be

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai

How about this page?
View attachment 41671

Huh, I'm getting 480i/p 720p:24/30/60
1080p:24/30/60
4k:24/30/60

Should that say 120 somewhere or that all looks normal? Nothing that says 4/4/4 though.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Ok, I'll check that out. Thanks for all the help but the way and got the patience. I can be a little slow.

It's cool Brother... I've got so much help here, if I can give anything back it's time well spent.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I think the Denon is just "Enhance" or "standard"? Obviously enhanced turns on HDR and it says 4/4/4, and the other formats 4/2/2.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic

Should that say 120 somewhere or that all looks normal? Nothing that says 4/4/4 though.

I believe these are modest model differences between our AVR's and not major issues. But this screen is showing what the TV tells the AVR is capable of and what the AVR is capable of I think.

So no, you shouldn't see a 120 unless your TV and AVR are better than my 2020 LGCX. Which would be some neat trick. Because of AVR's are so similar and it's hard to beat my TV unless you spent $5-7k for it. That's, I think the refresh capabity 120hz? And we are OK with 60hz. Not best of best 120hz but the max of our model years.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja

Those numbers are correct for your TV's specs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis