Sony PS3 v2.20 Software Updates to BD-Live

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
That doesn't really help me, since it doesn't specifically tell you how to resume playback. When I hit stop, then play again it started from the beginning. It doesn't say anything anywhere about resuming where you left off. I'll try a different disc today and see what happens.
Could be that specific disc. FWIW, I was able to hit stop and resume play on most, not all, discs even with v2.10. Sony's info does say its more for dvd play than for bd play, and then not all movies will restart.

Jack

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mine did this too, even on 2.10 also. It did seem to depend on how the disc was stopped. If you use STOP on the remote, it seemed to work, however if I used the PS button to quit playback, it would start from the beginning. I haven't paid enough attention to it to figure out if it is consistent though.

2.20 installed and running fine as of last night. I have read reports that some of the 40G models are getting bricked due to this update.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
...2.20 installed and running fine as of last night. I have read reports that some of the 40G models are getting bricked due to this update.
That's scary.:eek: Good thing I have the 80g model. I'll pass that along to a few friends with the 40g unit to hold off a week or so before they update.

Jack

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have the 40 gig version and it didn't brick. But I think the resume feature is mainly for regular dvd's, not blu ray, but will work on older blu ray discs that aren't 1.1 or 2.0

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis