Sony PS3 v2.20 Software Updates to BD-Live

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
with the blu-ray live stuff, it will be just a matter of time before there will be viruses for the firmware, hide and watch.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
with the blu-ray live stuff, it will be just a matter of time before there will be viruses for the firmware, hide and watch.
That's one of my biggest fears about BD live, some bored and malicious kid with nothing better to do but make a virus to ruin your player. Especially since there isn't any type of virus protection software, afaik, for bd players.

Jack

B

BG3

Audioholic
It passes 7.1 for DD True Hd (3:10 to Yuma) with no problems over hdmi @ ~6mps. Dts 6.1 & all DTS formats are passed as 5.1.

Jack
Jack:

How are you able to check the bitrate on the PS3? Also, how can I confirm the playback? The reason I ask is, I watched Crash the other night, which is DTS ES and my 905 picked it up and switched to ES Discrete which matrixes (Sp?) my two back surrounds to make 7.1 out of the 6.1 soundtrack. The PS3 is connected via HDMI.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Jack:

How are you able to check the bitrate on the PS3? Also, how can I confirm the playback? The reason I ask is, I watched Crash the other night, which is DTS ES and my 905 picked it up and switched to ES Discrete which matrixes (Sp?) my two back surrounds to make 7.1 out of the 6.1 soundtrack. The PS3 is connected via HDMI.
I use the "display" button on my ps3 bd remote. It shows you the bitrate for both audio and video as well as what type it is and how many channels there are. Plus my reciever, Denon 3808ci, shows me how many channels its getting. If you don't have the BD remote, just hit the "select" button on the ps3 controller, you'll get the same info. (I'm also using hdmi)

Jack:)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Blu ray forums says this update is due out tomorrow... 3-25-08. I hope so, I want to be one update closer to getting dts-hd ma.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Blu ray forums says this update is due out tomorrow... 3-25-08. I hope so, I want to be one update closer to getting dts-hd ma.
I'm hoping it will at least offer more than 5 channels in dts, even if we're not getting full dts-hd ma.

Jack

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
That would be nice, but if you can overlay PLIIx on top of dts, you can get 7.1, it's what I do now and all my sources are 7.1.

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
It's Live!!

Hey, just logged onto the PSN at 9:10 Mountain time, and the patch is up , just finishing installing it now.

* The ability to copy PS3 Music and Photo playlists to a PSP system. We introduced the ability to create Music and Photo playlists on the PS3 in firmware update v2.0. Now you can easily export your playlists to your PSP.
* You can now play DivX and WMV format files that are over 2 GB. In addition, you can now display subtitles when viewing DivX files.
* Resume Play - begin playing a DVD or BD disc from the point where you previously stopped it, even if you eject the disc and insert a different movie or game.
* Use your PSP as a remote control to play back your music files on your PS3 without turning on your TV.
* The Internet browser now displays some web pages faster. In addition [Save Target] has been added as an option under file. This option lets you save a file that is linked to a web page to your PS3 hard drive or storage media.

And of course, BD 2.0 Live!! Kinda excited to see what it has in store for me, going to throw in my copy of War and see what happens, since I think I saw it as one of the 2.0 enabled discs.

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
Did you log onto your PS3? Because i have it right now, unless they release it at different times , but I wouldn't think so. Unless you are just referring to seeing the info on the site, in which case I am misunderstanding.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Did you log onto your PS3? Because i have it right now, unless they release it at different times , but I wouldn't think so. Unless you are just referring to seeing the info on the site, in which case I am misunderstanding.
My PS3 lacks an internet connection due to it's location. So I have to go to Sony's system update page and download the update to a flash drive, then to the ps3 via a usb.

Jack

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Oh ok, gotcha well my bad then. Hopefully you can get it off there site soon!:)
Yeah, I just checked it and it's still 2.17.:mad: They seem to run about a day or two behind from the log in to the update page. I'll try it again tonight.

Jack

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
just upgraded to 2.20 but couldn't get the resume feature to work, is there something I have to do, or is it just not supported on all discs? I was watching 30 Days Of Night blu ray.

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
just upgraded to 2.20 but couldn't get the resume feature to work, is there something I have to do, or is it just not supported on all discs? I was watching 30 Days Of Night blu ray.
I just did a quick search, and found that if you hit stop, go back to the XMB and then hit eject it will work, but if you just hit the eject while the disc is still in playback it wont work, not sure if that is what you did or not, just the only thing I could find right now. Hopefully that is helpful :)

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

I don't know if this helps any, but here is what is on Sony's site about the resume feature:

Resuming play of DVDs
You can now resume playing a DVD from the point where you previously stopped it, even if you turn off your PS3™ system or eject the disc. Your system saves a record of the scene that was playing when you stopped playback so it knows where to resume playing.

Note
You can also use the resume play feature on some Blu-ray Discs. You cannot use resume play on Blu-ray Discs that support BD-J (Blu-ray Disc Java).

Jack

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
That doesn't really help me, since it doesn't specifically tell you how to resume playback. When I hit stop, then play again it started from the beginning. It doesn't say anything anywhere about resuming where you left off. I'll try a different disc today and see what happens.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis