Sony OLED A90J or LG OLED

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Of course, no matter what we are talking about in life, there are always more than just ONE FACTOR to consider. Everyone knows that.

We also know that engineering is often about making compromises to fit our budgets - pros and cons - just like everything else in life.

It comes down to what’s more important to us - our needs and applications. We know that.

Are we willing to give up a little bit of one thing to have more of something else to fit our budgets?

Based on overall picture quality for both SDR and HDR, are we willing to give up some contrast to have more lumens for our budgets?

@Replicant 7 showed those HDR Brightness Ratings because for his budget, he is willing to give up some contrast to have more HDR Brightness for his application. He’s not saying HDR Brightness is ONLY factor to consider.

If someone wants to post some Contrast-Comparison Charts, that would also be great. That would also be one factor, not the only factor.

Based on our experiences, that is the question that each of us has to decide for ourselves, not for anyone else.
Yeah, I wasn't gonna get into the in's and out's of all the different technologies each has. That post was a starting point, if one was to go on that website, they'll see All of the comparisons. Sure OLED is King, been knowing that. But at my age, paying over 3K for a tv isn't in my near future. Maybe by the beginning of the last quarter of this year maybe. My heart is set on two tvs, Sony's 65" X90J and Sony's Master Series 65" A90J, which is over 3K. What I have now measured well against Sony's 55" X90J for half the price. Yes Sony's X90J beat out my cheaper Hisense 55" in contrast not by much. Now Sony is well known for reliability and longevity but you pay for it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I wasn't gonna get into the in's and out's of all the different technologies each has. That post was a starting point, if one was to go on that website, they'll see All of the comparisons. Sure OLED is King, been knowing that. But at my age, paying over 3K for a tv isn't in my near future. Maybe by the beginning of the last quarter of this year maybe. My heart is set on two tvs, Sony's 65" X90J and Sony's Master Series 65" A90J, which is over 3K. What I have now measured well against Sony's 55" X90J for half the price. Yes Sony's X90J beat out my cheaper Hisense 55" in contrast not by much. Now Sony is well known for reliability and longevity but you pay for it.
Always multiple factors for sure - contrast, black level, colors, brands, reliability, prices, service, etc.

But there's no doubt in my mind that HDR-Brightness is one of the salient factors. No doubt.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Always multiple factors for sure - contrast, black level, colors, brands, reliability, prices, service, etc.

But there's no doubt in my mind that HDR-Brightness is one of the salient factors. No doubt.
According to expert reviewers, Nit rate is critical for HDR. According supposedly with color "Pop" what ever that means. Also according to the expert reviewers, anything less than 500 nits, your not gonna get a true HDR, Dolby Vision experience. Also those really cheap TV's that Walmart sells, 65" for under 500 bucks, none not one of umm be it, LG, Samsung, Vizio, TCL, don't have a nit rate over 300. You gotta spend no less than 700 or more to get a nit rate peak of 600.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis