Sony Denon handshake

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Still too soon to tell. I replaced my new Apple TV with my previous version and didn’t have any drop outs last night. But that has happened before particularly after periods in which I used eARC using internal LG apps. So we shall see if i can make it an entire week.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Still too soon to tell. I replaced my new Apple TV with my previous version and didn’t have any drop outs last night. But that has happened before particularly after periods in which I used eARC using internal LG apps. So we shall see if i can make it an entire week.
My atv doesn’t give me any problems. But for awhile now when I use Spotify via AirPlay I get what you might call a dropout, but much shorter. It’s like a millisecond. I say to anyone listening in the house “DID YOU HEAR THAT”!!!!! Wtf is going on???? lol
Only happens on AirPlay. Thank god for Apple Music!

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I have resolved all handshake issues for now. I cannot tell you exactly how, but here is what I did.
1. Set everything to run through the Denon receiver.
2. Turned ARC off on the tv and stereo.
3. once I was comfortable with how that was working I went back in the Denon and turned HDMI and ARC back on.
4. set preselects 1. Cable, 2. Blu-ray, 3. Media player., HEOS music.

I turn the system on with directv remote, tv, receiver, and amp come on in sequence. The Denon smart menu displays defaulting to the cable input, I confirm that setting.
if I switch to media player or press the home button on the Firestick remote, the input switches seamlessly. If I want to return to cable I can press the select button in the directv remote, or the preselect on the Denon.
This morning after confirming all of these things worked, I tried launching Netflix from the tv….it worked, with sound.
Thank you all for your responses and help. Again, I don’t know exactly which steps corrected everything, but I will share any settings I have in an effort to help anyone else.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Nice job! It's working as it should and will last about a week.;)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Nice job! It's working as it should and will last about a week.;)
It lasted one day! I turned the television on yesterday and it got hung up on the check input screen.
My best guess right now: when I turn the television off while watching the app on the television, it sometimes breaks the communication chain. So instead of tuning to the television/cable tuner, the system tries to reconnect to tv audio( the last input used for apps).
I think….

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You aren't too far off. When using a device to power everything ON after using another device to power it all OFF, things can go haywire. The feature is too loosely implemented among manufacturers and is simply unreliable as a result. Again, the least amount of headaches will be had when using a universal remote control and an optical or eARC connection to the TV with HDMI-CEC turned off. I keep using HDMI-CEC because I'm into self abuse.;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This thread reminds me of why universal remotes are still very much needed.

I recently had to do all this hoop jumping with my LG since the ShieldTV update broke YouTube TV.

CEC and ARC still suck, and I've been using them for OVER A DECADE. This should not still be an issue.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis