B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Whats the general opinion on Sonos Faber speakers?
I listened to the Amati and Il-Cremonese yesterday. I found that they sounded awesome and actually preferred them to the sound of B&W 802 D3's. However they do cost significantly more. Are they really worth it....it puts me at the very high end of possible budget (Amati; forget about the Il-Cremonese) and then would not be able to afford a new center.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Whats the general opinion on Sonos Faber speakers?
I listened to the Amati and Il-Cremonese yesterday. I found that they sounded awesome and actually preferred them to the sound of B&W 802 D3's. However they do cost significantly more. Are they really worth it....it puts me at the very high end of possible budget (Amati; forget about the Il-Cremonese) and then would not be able to afford a new center.
Wouldn't surprise be at all... I've always liked there products, especially the ones that use Audio Technology midrange units.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
No direct experience Sonos Faber, but I have always seen good things, even about their lower-tier product.
I'm never one to be bashful about my dislike for B&W. Conversely, I found my time with Monitor Audio to be much more pleasant. Not certain how the MA Gold or Platinum compare to the B&W 800 Series, but that would be another option if you are in that level of market.
Likewise, Some of Jim Salks designs should compare quite favorably... Thinking Song-3 Encore or BeAT, SS 9.5. I have heard the 9.5 and felt it to be a stunning speaker. My favorite at the CAS last year.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
I really need to actually hear the speakers though. I can't seem to find anywhere that demos Salk.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
He is a fully ID company and builds all of his speakers to order.
Jim maintains a database of customers willing to host auditions. This is how I heard the speakers I own (but through Philharmonic Audio... Dennis did the same thing!) If you are interested, reach out to Jim. He is known to answer the phone himself.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Thanks, hopefully he'll have someone local on his list.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
lol yes we do Haven't personally had one in couple years though

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing better then sitting in front of your Sonus Faber rig and eating some White Castles w/ Onion Rings and a Vanilla Shake :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis