Sonas Faber Cremona's...Diy guide.

J

jboogie

Junior Audioholic
Wow! That is awesome. I WISH that I could read it.

annunaki

annunaki

Pretty interesting. Nice craftsmanship. Too bad they did not employ better techniques to eliminate resonances. The mid range chamber was not even braced!? A constrained damping layer system would not have been that difficult to implement for the mid-range enclosure, along with some bracing. I am sure they sound quite good, though, I would make them full active if I was going to spend that kind of cash.

SDrabott

Audiophyte
Hi all. Im planning to build Cremona M Speakers. Preferably for bi-amping.
building a cabinet is not a problem. But i have hit the wall with crossovers/drivers selection.
Does anyone know if its possible to get a set of drivers with a ready crossover so i could just drop it in the speaker cabinet?
I'm a newbie, easiest way would be cool. But im studying a few threads to see if i can build one on my own.

Thanks!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Hi all. Im planning to build Cremona M Speakers. Preferably for bi-amping. Building a cabinet is not a problem.

But i have hit the wall with crossovers/drivers selection. Does anyone know if its possible to get a set of drivers with a ready crossover so i could just drop it in the speaker cabinet?
The pdf link does show all the details for building what looks like a credible clone of the Cremonas. It's in Spanish, but page 3 lists the drivers, and page 65 shows a schematic diagram of the final version of the crossover. As long as you build a cabinet as shown in the pdf, and use those drivers, that crossover ought to work.

If you change the front baffle dimensions, the cabinet interior volume, or the drivers, you're on your own for a crossover.

No pre-made off the shelf crossover will work. I'd go so far as to say, with the cost of those drivers, and the labor needed to build those cabinets, pre-made crossovers would be a shameful waste.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis