Sometimes, the rich and famous should stifle their offspring.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Now, I like Will Smith, always did, and respect him but his obviously spoiled and isolated kid is another story.

Click here to see the idiotic advice his son is telling his followers. He might have a minor point about brainwashing, but what alternative does he suggest?

He really doesn't see himself as a child of privelege. I am curious to see what Will and Jada have to say about this. I really don't think, or at least hope, they realize how spoiled and, well, jaded, this kid is.

Then there's Billy Ray Cyrus...

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
"school is a tool to brainwash the youth" "Education is the Rebellion, if Newborn Babies could speak they would be the most intelligent beings on earth" All true stuff, I think this kid is a prophet, lol...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL, I have to agree that there is some truth to it, but it comes off as stupid and the crowd it is being sent to is not going to take it the way it was probably intended. It is also rather ironic to have something like that come from someone born into money.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
“We respect our children the way we would respect any other person. Things like cleaning up their room. You would never tell a full-grown adult to clean their room, so we don’t tell our kids to clean their rooms.” And THAT my friends is how to bring up a spoiled rotten little brat.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
There is no "rite " way to bring up children, but there are a ton of wrong ways, lol... You will drive your self bat sh!t crazy trying to figure out what you did rite and what you did wrong, but the simple truth about raising kids is- Do your best and put them first whilst they deserve to be.

That's all there is to it, I have had this discussion with many people, a lot of people have asked me "how did you raise such good kids" and I tell them "raising "good" kids is easy, its the raising good adults that can be tricky" sure my kids are well behaved and do good in school, and keep their rooms clean with out being told, and are respectful, but they are still under my guidance, we don't know how they are going to act when they are out on their own.... I'm sure my boys will be gentleman and respectful, and lead a long productive and fulfilling life... But we don't know.. A friend of mines brother was a good kid and student his entire life, then got mixed up with the wrong girl who got him into the wrong stuff and it ultimately ended up leading to his untimely death {26 years old}. So was it his parents? I don't think it was, but if it happened to one of my boys Im sure I would feel like it was...

Anyway, some kids are spoiled and think the world owes them something, then life chews them up and spits them out a few times and they learn, albeit the hard way, they figure it out, sometimes...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
“We respect our children the way we would respect any other person. Things like cleaning up their room. You would never tell a full-grown adult to clean their room, so we don’t tell our kids to clean their rooms.” And THAT my friends is how to bring up a spoiled rotten little brat.
The only small detail there is they are NOT adults. Stupidest reasoning I've ever heard.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
He is right about school being used as a brainwashing tool. Pretty smart I'd say, actually.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
He is right about school being used as a brainwashing tool. Pretty smart I'd say, actually.
Lol, we need school, even though history and language arts and algebra may not be used every minute of the day, it teaches kids how to learn, comprehend, and follow rules of a society, we all know parents can not be trusted to do it, lol... My kids go to a private school but play in public school sports and after school activities, I find it gives them the balance of not being sheltered to a private school and also exposes them to the "other" side where they integrate with people of all types, because I'll admit the private school, although they get a great education and are held to a very high standard, they are sheltered from the real world, and can be made to be "stuck up" for lack of a better term... They seem to get the great education and still be down to earth kids... It was hard to accomplish, their school wanted them to play for them and the public school didn't know how to admit them, but I figured it out and now others have followed....

But brain washing, kind of extreme... If I have any problem with our school system, its the days are too short, the teachers are under paid, and we don't pay enough attention to our kids as a country... Its been going on for a long time, ever since both parents went to work and families stopped eating dinner together the fabric has been getting thinner and thinner...

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
All The Rules In This World Were Made By Someone No Smarter Than You. So Make Your Own.
Someone needs to be given a copy of Wren & Martin.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
A few points. I can't take someone seriously that capitalizes the first letter of every word. Of course you don't tell your kid to clean their room when they have someone (probably) cleaning it for them. That would just be confusing.

Brainwashing is a strong term, but from what I remember of public school it is all about "get good grades so you can get into a good college so you can get a good job that pays well". That's no way to teach kids to think. It should be more along the lines of "you have to have general knowledge of a lot of different things to make you a well rounded person". There are a lot of things that are taught that don't make sense, and a lot of things that aren't taught that should be. Kids also learn a lot from each other. Trends are a good example of this. They see something they like (no matter how much we know it's retarded) and do it to fit in or because they generally like it. That's learning in itself because it teaches how to deal with other people and "fit in". Some people don't care to fit in, others crave it.

I want to know as much as I can about as much as I can. School is only a small part of reaching that goal. There are many ways for people to learn what they need to about life and school teaches a lot of that. Some studies show that some home schooled kids tend to get better grades in college, but tend to be totally clueless about how to actually get along with and deal with people.

I could go on and on, but I do think this is a very interesting subject well worth discussion. Other people's point of view and opinions help us learn too. Unfortunately it can also tech us that other people are morons. Like Will smith's kid. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The most important things about school, to me, are more about learning how to actually DO something, take the responsibility to get things done and to get them done in a time frame/deadline as those are directly related to how you will live your life going forward for the most part. There is also the social aspect, though that no doubt takes the wrong for in school mostly, but being able to interact with others and function in a group dynamic is also a big part of preparing kids for society. Not that I think society is doing a great job on the whole, but it is a slightly toned down, small environment for them to learn how to cope with dealing with others.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis