Someone please explain this to me...

BrettMendes

BrettMendes

Audioholic Intern
So I have a Marantz UD5007. It has no wifi capabilities and my modem is nowhere near the unit so I decided to use an existing wifi extender's "direct-to-pc" connection in order to get a network connection to it. Basically it entails creating a network extension and then hardwiring it in to the blu ray player (in case you didn't already know). Here's the question: when I initially wired it with the included yellow LAN cable it wouldn't work. When I switched the cable to a "high end" audioquest cable that I had lying around it suddenly started working. Why would that be?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tried that yellow cable anywhere else? Perhaps it's just defective, or one of the metal contacts wasn't making a good connection to one of the jacks.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Either the yellow cable is defective or you didn't have it inserted properly.

BrettMendes

BrettMendes

Audioholic Intern
The cable doesn't work if I plug it in to my PC but neither does a dynex ethernet cable that I had in my box of cables.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
The cable doesn't work if I plug it in to my PC but neither does a dynex ethernet cable that I had in my box of cables.
It sounds like your PC has a marginal female connector. What does the RJ-45 connector on the Audioquest cable look like?

BrettMendes

BrettMendes

Audioholic Intern
Not sure how to describe it, but it's really big. It's very long with a clear jacket. It's very difficult to unplug once you get it in to something. Annoyingly so.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Did you ever use the Audioquest cable before? If so, it may have damaged the jack, from your description.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis