Somebody Hacked Audioholics Instagram Account

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Good luck with law enforcement. Out hospital was hacked about five years ago like many others from eastern Europe. Crippled ten hospitals in the mid Atlantic. Patients had surgeries for which there is no record. Radiation therapy had to be halted as the fields (highly precise irregular fields computer operated) could not be accessed and chemotherapy halted as well. We had to find fax machines to hand write radiology reports because our viewing and reporting systems were down. The FBI could do little to help.

No torture is too much for these turds. I wish the CIA could swoop in and spirit these guys off in the middle of the night but I foresee the issues with that.

So sorry Gene.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Good luck with law enforcement. Out hospital was hacked about five years ago like many others from eastern Europe. Crippled ten hospitals in the mid Atlantic. Patients had surgeries for which there is no record. Radiation therapy had to be halted as the fields (highly precise irregular fields computer operated) could not be accessed and chemotherapy halted as well. We had to find fax machines to hand write radiology reports because our viewing and reporting systems were down. The FBI could do little to help.

No torture is too much for these turds. I wish the CIA could swoop in and spirit these guys off in the middle of the night but I foresee the issues with that.

So sorry Gene.
The PD needs to want to do something about it. In the words of Homer Simpson, "Just because I hear you, doesn't mean I care".

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
The PD needs to want to do something about it. In the words of Homer Simpson, "Just because I hear you, doesn't mean I care".
Bet if it was a Bank that got hacked and millions were stolen the law would put a task force on it to recover the money, gotta protect the central bankers!

jinjuku

jinjuku

I work in the network operations realm and not the security operations realm but I do have some SEC op experience and most of these attempts are achieved with some participation actually by the person that's been hacked. This is generally done through some sort of spearfishing attempt.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I work in the network operations realm and not the security operations realm but I do have some SEC op experience and most of these attempts are achieved with some participation actually by the person that's been hacked. This is generally done through some sort of spearfishing attempt.
So maybe someone on the inside helped?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So maybe someone on the inside helped?
More like someone accidentally clicked on a link that looked legit that they shouldn't have or opened up something inadvertently that let the hacker get in. That's why it's called spearfishing. The hacker puts something out there as bait that looks legit and then pounces on whomever accidentally sets it off

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Very sorry to hear about this Gene this happened to my hospital last year the entire group of hospitals in the corporation across the United States it was horrible everything crashed our hospital did not pay but it took IT forever to reset everything up and move all the necessary info.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I would recommend contacting a good IT company to get you reset back up. It shouldn't take as long for you as us since it wasn't an entire national chain of hospitals that was affected

jinjuku

jinjuku

I've a friend that works for a large health insurance provider. Their data loss team is 600 people.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I would recommend contacting a good IT company to get you reset back up. It shouldn't take as long for you as us since it wasn't an entire national chain of hospitals that was affected
IT company can't do anything for the locked out account. The same MFA that Gene was using is now being used to keep him out.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
IT company can't do anything for the locked out account. The same MFA that Gene was using is now being used to keep him out.
Wow so how does one get around that what will they have to do to help Gene out? That's crazy man

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
..., go to the ATT store and find out that I couldn't watch the video of the transaction "BECAUSE OF PRIVACY CONCERNS FOR THE CUSTOMER", according to the store manager. ...
Something similar happened to me, not CC charge but a car scrape at Home Depot parking lot. They did find the van on the tape that scraped my car but I could not view it.
I filed with police. Police called the number on the note left behind on my car but of course they claimed that it wasn't them. No plate number grab on the video either. $500 damage.
I guess this is peanuts to them to follow up.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
More like someone accidentally clicked on a link that looked legit that they shouldn't have or opened up something inadvertently that let the hacker get in. That's why it's called spearfishing. The hacker puts something out there as bait that looks legit and then pounces on whomever accidentally sets it off
Yes my wife got a IG notification that someone was changing the email addy. When she clicked to undo it, it was a bogus IG link even though it had instagram.com in the url.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Wow so how does one get around that what will they have to do to help Gene out? That's crazy man
Yeah, something can be done huh? Gene seems to be fighting off A$$holes trying to being him down all the time. Man just try to provide for his family. His website issue awhile back, that Ted,, snake oil issue now this. Man if Gene has to close up shop, where we AH members gonna go?.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Yes my wife got a IG notification that someone was changing the email addy. When she clicked to undo it, it was a bogus IG link even though it had instagram.com in the url.
Oh man. That's a classic tactic. I have my email preference set to convert all http/s to text... It breaks some emails but nothing show stopping.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I think it's definitely a snake oil cable company behind this.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

jinjuku

jinjuku

it was a bogus IG link even though it had instagram.com in the url.
While the email text would say instagram.com when you hover your mouse pointer over it will reveal the actual URL.

If the hover truly showed a legit instagram.com url then instagram was actually hacked at a fundamental level but I don't think that's the case because nothing has popped up on any of the security sites that track this stuff.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis