j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Heard about it a while back too, but didn't realize it was coming that soon. The stories have a bit more freedom in where they go since they just need to align with where things are now, but how they got there is somewhat new ground.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Heard about it a while back too, but didn't realize it was coming that soon. The stories have a bit more freedom in where they go since they just need to align with where things are now, but how they got there is somewhat new ground.
As I understand it, we're gonna get a new Star Wars movie/story every 18 months, give or take. I hear Disney brought in a new writing team as well which would be good so the next trilogy can actually begin!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
As I understand it, we're gonna get a new Star Wars movie/story every 18 months, give or take. I hear Disney brought in a new writing team as well which would be good so the next trilogy can actually begin!
What I heard confirmed was a total of 7 films, roughly 1 a year, alternating backstory and current. 4 backstory and 3 new canon, two of which are already out (Force Awakens and Last Jedi).

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
What I heard confirmed was a total of 7 films, roughly 1 a year, alternating backstory and current. 4 backstory and 3 new canon, two of which are already out (Force Awakens and Last Jedi).
And Star Wars Land (whatever it'll be called) should be open in Anaheim 2020!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think SOLO looks really good and will be a good movie since it is mainly a standalone film and has significantly less to do with the SW plot.

I also hope they can take SOLO (if it is as good as I think) and create their own SOLO franchise and "alternate" universe.

They should level the playing field and get rid all the Jedi/Force and supernatural stuffs. Make it all skills and intellect, instead of magic.

Each movie could be one of his many adventures.

The old SW is getting too pathetic and archaic. It's like watching reruns of the same crap, but different day.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was concerned over the initial issues and director change, but I hope to do my favorite SW character well.

The CEO of our Company is a huge Star Wars Fan and has actually rented out a theater for our office, so I won't complain!

Last edited:
tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Saw Solo yesterday and I can say it is almost as good as Rogue One. So if you liked the last spinoff you will like this as well most likely.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It has to be good since Ron Howard is directing, right? :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Saw it, liked it, story played it safe. To quote another Star Wars Movie...arn't you a little short to be a Han Solo?

I will see it again. Both myself and the CEO who rented out the theater for our HQ gave it a 8/10

The Force took a PTO day in this movie.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Saw it, liked it, story played it safe. To quote another Star Wars Movie...arn't you a little short to be a Han Solo?

I will see it again. Both myself and the CEO who rented out the theater for our HQ gave it a 8/10

The Force took a PTO day in this movie.
What a CEO. Never had one, not even close.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I liked it, thought it was well done. Rogue One was better though, and having seen that and Last Jedi, I think this one felt a bit weaker than it needed to be. There were some pleasant surprises and some let downs. I thought Lando's performance was good, but sort of "phoned in" IMO. Han felt like what I expected and the story overall was good.

It sounds like what I was saying would happen is happening now: one film per year would be a bit much for audiences to latch onto and that the market would saturate with Star Wars, creating a lower demand for the films. Same for superhero movies. Part of the "I need to see that" stems from the fact that it may have taken 2-3 years before you were going to see another film, so they took the time to give you the quality AND by the time it came out, you were anxious for the next one. It is almost like the 80s all over again, where they just crank out tons of them and both quality and interest drop.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think thats a good call even though I have liked the spinoffs. I wouldnt mind if there was new movie every 1 to 2 years but having another one only 6 months after last one is way too soon as you still have the last movie in your mind.
I feel as though disney wanted Christmas to be all about the new Mary Poppins movie so they made it a summer film. I think Solo could have used those extra 5 or 6 months of polish. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. It's not a movie I'd ever watch again or even think about years from now.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Han Solo, train robber.... This is original as the story writing team can get?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis