So, what company is your least favorite???

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
Shadow_Ferret said:
I would never buy an Acura or a BMW. I'm a basic transporation kind of guy. My 1996 Pontiac Sunfire is running great. And yes, I think Hondas are overpriced and overrated. There are better values out there.
O.K. yes I will agree that for basic transportation, a Pontiac Sunfire is cheaper than a Honda Civic, and they are reliable and get good gas mileage. But I still do not feel that Hondas are overpriced or overrated. This could be becasue of the fact that I have grown up on imports. . . But hey, everyone deserrves to put in thier two cents :)

farscaper

farscaper

Audioholic
Actually the MSRPs are not that different between the domestic and imports.
Go into a few showrooms or a car show, you'll see that the price difference is not there anymore. Its really the terms, interest rates and conditions thats the big difference. You can find a new $30K Chrysler minivan just as easily as a $30K Honda Minivan. But there is no way you'll find the Honda with 0% financing for 3-5 years.

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
farscaper said:
But there is no way you'll find the Honda with 0% financing for 3-5 years.
True, My dad just bought a Honda S2000 and got what he told me was a "great financing rate" at 1.9%. I felt that it was low, but not as low as you can get on other cars.

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
Can anyone name the only car that is 100% built in america? It is hyundai. Why would you buy a GM product when the company went to junk bond status?

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Microsoft...
My hatred of MicroSoft cleared right-up after I bought an Apple. :D My fiance' has to reboot her XP computer 2x daily because it just freezes up after a certain amount of time (even with no programs running).

all the cheap plastic crap you found at a 5&10 store. (Anyone remember those?)
We call them "Dollar Stores" now. (Dollar Depot, Dollar City, Family Dollar, $.99 City, et cetera et cetera).

Three letters: NBC

Next Action Star
Who Wants to Marry My Dad?
For Love or Money
Last Comic Standing 2
Katie Couric
Average Joe
Tommy Lee Goes to College
Katie Couric
The Biggest Loser
The Contender
I Want to Be a Hilton
Katie Couric
Joey
Law and Order: Special Fifth Ad Sales Unit
The Office
Katie Couric
Days of Our Lives
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams (who?)
Did I mention Katie Couric?

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
GM, Re: I have been to at least 2 dealerships for service on several occasions and the service is deplorable, I have talked to friends and co-workers and they say the other 3 dealers in my city are no better. Get this, one co-worker of mine whose husband works for the dealership totally forgot to service her minivan which they had for the entire day (re: brake job, the vehicle was considered unworthy to drive without the repairs)! How's that for service!

Dell, Re: great product until you call for service, now their support/sales is from Asia (unless your business than it's U.S.)

SMC: horrible products and horrible service (Asian call centres who can't speak 2 words of english)

3Com: support is just as bad as SMC

Oprah: I come home every night hearing what the heck went on the Oprah show - I don't give a rats a$$!

Martha Stewart: let's see, insider trading = make 6 figures but go to jail (camp cupcake) for a couple of months. After jail, make book deal (about insider trading and jail time)= make 7 figures. Now that's justice

Phew! I feel better now! :)

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Clint DeBoer said:

Next Action Star
For Love or Money
Last Comic Standing 2
Katie Couric
Average Joe
Katie Couric
The Biggest Loser
The Contender
I Want to Be a Hilton
Katie Couric
Joey
The Office
Katie Couric
Days of Our Lives
:D
Clint,
Don't hold back. How do ya really feel about Katie?

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
My Picks

Automotive woofers and big amps :eek:

I am sorry, but if I can hear the bass coming from your car better than I can hear the fog horn on the Fire Truck, your bass is too loud.

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:

Next Action Star
For Love or Money
Last Comic Standing 2
Katie Couric
Average Joe
Katie Couric
The Biggest Loser
The Contender
I Want to Be a Hilton
Katie Couric
Joey
The Office
Katie Couric
Days of Our Lives
Yeah, but they make up for Katie on MSNBC with Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann. And I like some of the stuff they do on Dateline NBC. No Katie there, either.

sjdgpt said:
I am sorry, but if I can hear the bass coming from your car better than I can hear the fog horn on the Fire Truck, your bass is too loud.
Like hanging a sign aound your head saying "Hi, I'm deaf and have no ability to distinguish good fidelity sound!"

Most of those guys could save alot of money by just wearing headphones and buying some tactile transducers.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I would have to go with GM as well. Since I live in Michigan, about an hour away from the Motor City, it hits even harder here. GM is screwing up so much. The governer (governess?) wants to maintain our status as a Car State, so she's inviting car companies to come in and build new places. GM is shipping jobs elsewhere, like Mexico or Ohio, and Hyundai and Toyota are building huge new facilities here. Who's the American car company?!

Regarding M$ and Windows...

Yes it's a ripoff, but if you want compatability, then you have to use it. It's really a good stable operating system, but most people don't perform maintainance on it and they install crappy programs that clog it up.

Mr. Ninja, you're going to regret that Apple purchase. As an Apple technician, I can tell you that Apple computers break. A lot. Even though there are a TON more Dell computers out there, we still get like 5x as many Apples in the shop I work at. And no, that is NOT an exaggeration.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Mr. Ninja, you're going to regret that Apple purchase. As an Apple technician, I can tell you that Apple computers break. A lot.
I musta got a lucky one, 23 months with no freeze-ups, and only having to reboot for security updates. Heck, my iPod battery still works. :cool: If my Apple died tomorrow I'd buy another one its been so good to me.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Anyone who has to reboot their XP PC twice per day is either damned unlucky or really incompetant, or both. I have virtually zero problems with either of my PCs despite using them 5-12 hrs per day, every day. I will note, however, that I did have a few problems back when I used IE. But once I switched to Firefox it's been smooth sailing.

As for my most hated companies, I guess I'd say Ford, B(l)ose, Mon$ter Cable and Apple. Ford for their crappy cars (and necrophiliac Steve McQueen ad), B(l)ose for making the Worlds Worst Speakers and convincing people they're "high end," Mon$ter for their legal terrorism and Apple for their absurdly overhyped and overexposed iPod.

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
After todays fiasco at the United States Grand Prix. MICHELIN

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:
Like hanging a sign aound your head saying "Hi, I'm deaf and have no ability to distinguish good fidelity sound!"

Most of those guys could save alot of money by just wearing headphones and buying some tactile transducers.
It seems like the people with the worst taste in music have the loudest stereos

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
race4aliving said:
After todays fiasco at the United States Grand Prix. MICHELIN

Michelin should be banned from any forms of racing period.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Yamahaluver said:
Michelin should be banned from any forms of racing period.
....YamahaLuver, we share the same luv for sure....what is your reasoning and alternatives concerning the Michelin racing-tire issue?.....

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
mulester7 said:
....YamahaLuver, we share the same luv for sure....what is your reasoning and alternatives concerning the Michelin racing-tire issue?.....
.....said mule, as the pie-in-the-face realization of being on ignore found it's mark.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis