So, what company is your least favorite???

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
AOL
Bank of America

1) AOL
-Signed up for AOL dial up service a couple of months ago. The sign up was ultra smooth. The signing off was the most harrowing experience I have EVER experienced.
-The "want to discontinue service" saga:

-Why?
-I'm not using it.
-Are you unhappy with our service?
-AOL makes my computer crawl like a worm.
-Please explain the nature of the problem.
-AOL loads a ton of useless stuff on my computer.
-Have you tried technical support?
-I just want to discontinue my service.
-Our service is the best there is.
-I just want to discontinue the service.
-But you can get news online.
-I'm not using it.
-But you can get e-mails online.
-But I'm not using it.
-But you can get sports news online.
-But I'm not using it.
-But you can get stock quotes online.
-Please discontinue my service.
-But you can visit Disney world online.
-Please...
-But you can learn so much online.
-Please..
-But...
After 30 minutes of useless back and forth
-Alright, I am moving to Mongolia, I am going to be living in a tent, with no electricity, no telephones, no satellites. So PLEASE discontinue my service!
-Okay, please hold.
Another 20 minutes of hold. Then 10 more minutes of explaining my "unhappy experience" with the AOL software to their customer satisfaction department. Then another 10 minutes of hold, then finally got transferred back to the service disconnection department to have my service terminated.

1 month later, got a snail mail, notifying me that AOL is happy to learn that I want to continue using their service...
Called back AOL, another 30 minutes of explaining of why I thought I had canceled the service in the first place. Then repeated my moving to Mongolia story. Then finally had the whole thing cancelled.

2) Bank of America
-Canceling a student checking account, guess how many calls I had to make. Canceled the account 2x with the branch manager. Then had to cancel the account 3x over the phone. Each time I was notified that the account was not properly closed.

After these experiences, I will never ago do any type of business with these two companies. Shame on them.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
After 30 minutes of useless back and forth
-Alright, I am moving to Mongolia, I am going to be living in a tent, with no electricity, no telephones, no satellites. So PLEASE discontinue my service!
-Okay, please hold.
HAHAHAHA! I remember those guys. I tried to cancel back in '97. I had to tell them i was commiting suicide and wouldn't be able to pay them. "yes, yes, the pills are already in my tummy. Uh-huh, no, I don't think i will reconsider, yes, i've already cancelled the credit-card, no thank you."

Now that I recollect, I actually did cancel my credit-card just to keep them from resubscribing me.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
mulester7 said:
....YamahaLuver, we share the same luv for sure....what is your reasoning and alternatives concerning the Michelin racing-tire issue?.....

mulester7,

Michelin simply has no excuse whatsoever and by their move at Indy, they just jeopardized F-1's future in the US, sadly, those who are into F-1 would have to either travel to Canada, Europe or Asia to see one, dont' think after this fiasco, no self respecting US race promoter would ever dare to host F-1 in US soil again.

The fact that Bridgestone raced the entire length without serious attrition to tires goes to show that it was not that big an issue as Michelin taunted it to be. What I dont understand is a old F-1 hand like Michelin with huge budgets and plenty of time for research comes on the race day to tell the poor fans that they are pulling out due to safety reasons, small extremely low budget companies like Hoosier have done quite well in Indy cars on ovals and so have Goodyear for years without much fanfare. Also I feel for F-1 to survive, they really have to revamp this stupid grooved tire rule that they have imposed to cut back the speeds, this combined with no tire change rule is going to be their death knell for sure.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....I see....thanks, YamahaLuver....I appreciate the response.....

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
AOL started this practice back in the 90s?!

I regret to this day what madness seized me to sign up with AOL.

No wonder AOL-Time Warner's stock tanked. :D

Rock&Roll Ninja said:
HAHAHAHA! I remember those guys. I tried to cancel back in '97. I had to tell them i was commiting suicide and wouldn't be able to pay them. "yes, yes, the pills are already in my tummy. Uh-huh, no, I don't think i will reconsider, yes, i've already cancelled the credit-card, no thank you."

Now that I recollect, I actually did cancel my credit-card just to keep them from resubscribing me.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Rock&Roll Ninja said:

.....Ninja, I honestly had to kill a debit/charge card over aol myself....basic dialup aol is....is....you know.....

3beanlimit

Junior Audioholic
Monsanto....

This company is the de-facto illustration of just how greedy corporations can become...of how little "people" matter to them, and how corrupt a corporation can become with little or even less disregard to our environments and to local ecologies.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
all domestic car makers.

everyone says, oh, the americans try but they build crappy cars, or, the japs know whats what. NO NO NO.

i've been working in an auto shop for 3 years. import cars come in too, but they require less work, but they charge more for the parts.

the domestics are crappy, and they know it. they make money off parts, not cars. my family has owned 2 dodge caravan's and they BOTH were bags of ****. everything broke.

we now own a 04 honda civic, and an 03 honda pilot. both witch have had 0 problems. not even like, brake pads. the vans brakes lasted like, 2 years tops.

the pilot is acutally really big, same width and hight as a suburban, but not as long.

sheep

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis