so i was trying to explain to my wife about the WAF

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
I'm not sure she got it,

I tried to explain that WAF goes into effect on every purchasing/speaker moving decision that I make,the part that I couldn't answer was when she asked if the WAF was in effect before or after the purchasing/speaker moving decision ! I tried to explain that it has a small percentage of power in the decision process but that even though I still made the decision without consulting her first ,well,that's clearly a glitch in the system,I tried to tell her that the WAF is a complicated and deep process,and that it really has to do with the final aesthetic outcome of the original decision,so in closing,she has not activated the WAF rebuttal clause yet,so I am assuming all is good on the WAF battlefield.

:confused:

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Why do you feel the need to poke a sleeping monstor :rolleyes:. Just like me... :D

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
Why do you feel the need to poke a sleeping monstor :rolleyes:. Just like me... :D
she had nicely asked about why I had recently put the big black boxes where I put them ,so the topic was there !

(big black box) = sub :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Dan she got it! Trust me, she got it, it's called the escape clause, see when you finally do something she can't stand, the escape clause comes into play:

"Well......what were you trying to explain?! What's the WAF,......I was just humoring you, you know I don't know electronics! What are you trying to do! Trying to make feel inadequate! Trying to dazzle me with ways of spending hard earned dollars on gadgets!!!.......Are you nuts?!!!! You take that back where you got it!....NOW! MISTER!....I swear I'm going to check ALL the credit card statements! And if one piece of equipment shows up, you're ground beef....got it?!"

You'll stand there with your eyes glazed over, in a stupor.....not even George Romero's zombies could make you run....your jaw hangs slack, swaying in the A/C air current, drool pools on the carpeting below......and all you can muster is: "Yes dear."

Yes my friend, she understands, they ALL understand.......

GoFastr

GoFastr

Full Audioholic
:D

Funny stuff guys! I just got re-married after a 4 year hiatus of getting out from a 29 year marriage. I can't believe I actually had to Google WAF! LOL.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Never explain that to them if they don't know what it is :) You will give them ideas.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Explaining things to them implies that they have a say in them. She has no more say in the equipment I pick out than I do in what pocket book she wants.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
There is a way around it altogether.

Wait until she tunes you out, you'll start to get the vacant uh-huh's and yeah's. You know the same ones she gets when your watching a ballgame.

This is when you slip in a "Honey, there's this (insert next purchase) that I've been looking at". Wait for the uh-huh, and your set! After all, she's used this one on you.

Author not responsible for violent reactions to use of this strategy including but not limited to: Beatings, divorce, mutilation, dismemberment, and castration.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Man you guys have it tough.

When I tell mine about the new sub I'm building, or the bigger tower speakers I'm buying, she gets excited and asks to see pictures and stuff.

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
Yep.^^

Today at lunch, the wife and I decided we need a sub for the dining room. :D

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Man you guys have it tough.

When I tell mine about the new sub I'm building, or the bigger tower speakers I'm buying, she gets excited and asks to see pictures and stuff.
lol, mine just rolls her eyes and says " whatever makes you happy baby" :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Explaining things to them implies that they have a say in them. She has no more say in the equipment I pick out than I do in what pocket book she wants.
Same here. I do what I want with the system and there's no discussion.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
:D

Funny stuff guys! I just got re-married after a 4 year hiatus of getting out from a 29 year marriage. I can't believe I actually had to Google WAF! LOL.
yep ! good tongue-n-cheek not serious fun stuff, :cool:

silly stuff to talk about,..

lightens my day,

there have been some funny replies here so far. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis