sniff sniff . . . I had a bad dream! :(

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
It was terrible. Truly terrible.

I kept fiddling around with settings in my AVR and in my player, but all the vocals kept coming out of the sub. I thought, "Okay, I'll just lower the crossover," and I did -- from 80 Hz to 60, then to 50, then to 40. And the voices kept coming through the sub.

Then I switched from digital input to analog input. No change. I went to the back of the gear and played with the cabling. Still the vocals came from the sub. Nothing I did made any difference. I was getting more confused and more anxious and kept freaking out . . .

. . . then I woke up.

In a cold sweat, man. Upon waking, I immediately went to the HT and played around a bit, and sure enough, no vocals were coming from the sub. What a stupid dream. I guess that'll teach me to peruse this forum before going to bed.

cheers,
supervij

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Hahahaha. Thats great man. Thanks for sharing. :)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
It was terrible. Truly terrible.

I kept fiddling around with settings in my AVR and in my player, but all the vocals kept coming out of the sub. I thought, "Okay, I'll just lower the crossover," and I did -- from 80 Hz to 60, then to 50, then to 40. And the voices kept coming through the sub.

Then I switched from digital input to analog input. No change. I went to the back of the gear and played with the cabling. Still the vocals came from the sub. Nothing I did made any difference. I was getting more confused and more anxious and kept freaking out . . .

. . . then I woke up.

In a cold sweat, man. Upon waking, I immediately went to the HT and played around a bit, and sure enough, no vocals were coming from the sub. What a stupid dream. I guess that'll teach me to peruse this forum before going to bed.

cheers,
supervij

Well you could've awaken from one of those other dreams...and poof she's gone...jk;).

Btw...I'm on vaction the week of Aug.16....will that work for you?

Regards, Bill

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Hope you didn't screw up any of your settings after you woke up.:cool:

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Were they saying "My name is James Earl Jones and I'm trapped in this box. Let me out of here!"? :D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Are you sure you didn't dream about auditioning Bose products? :eek:

-pat

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I thought your bad dream was going to be about going away for a weekend while your roommate got stoned, drunk and fondled, poked and prodded your home theater equipment with his buddies. ;) :eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I had a bad dream about going to a bar with Rob, Doug and Rick.
I had to pick up the tab even though I didn't drink. :eek:
I woke up and checked my wallet. :D

Mark wasn't there. :confused:

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I had a bad dream about going to a bar with Rob, Doug and Rick.
I had to pick up the tab even though I didn't drink. :eek:
I woke up and checked my wallet. :D

Mark wasn't there. :confused:
Burp....Hiccupp...ahhhh. :cool:

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Thanks for understanding, everyone. I knew that you guys, of all people, would feel my pain.

The horror . . . the horror . . .

I thought your bad dream was going to be about going away for a weekend while your roommate got stoned, drunk and fondled, poked and prodded your home theater equipment with his buddies. ;) :eek:
I wish I could say that this was only a dream . . . but it actually happened a few months ago! Darn roommate had some friends over for UFC, they got stoned, and I came home to the main speakers pulled closer to the couch and for some reason, the subwoofer moved as well. I can't believe I had to tell him that you just don't mess with a man's home theatre. Just like you don't mess with a man's car, no one should touch another man's HT. You just don't do it!

cheers,
supervij

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis