Should Business Ethics Factor into What AV Companies You Purchase From?

Should the Business Ethics of AV Companies Influence Your Purchasing Decisions?

• Yes. Let's hold them accountable to their beliefs or practices?

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No. Stay out of the politics and purchase what you like.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Don't care. I buy second hand AV products.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, murdering male children and women who have lain with men. it isn't really genocide when you're commanded to keep all the virgins for yourself, right?

Exodus 21 also lays out all of the rules for running your slave trade up to and including where to buy them, who to buy them from, how to beat them and avoid punishment for it and sets special rules for Hebrew slaves. Then you have Jesus in 1 Peter 2:18 commanding "slaves obey your masters, even the cruel ones". It's a real bastion of morality, lol.
One salve to another-

How's he treating you?

"Not bad- could beat me harder".

Vow of celibacy, eh? Really? Practice what you freaking preach!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Any slave not wanting to get beaten harder isn't worth the space they take up.

... :oops:

Wha?!??!!!?

This thread is a fcuking dumpster fire.
Bleacher Report

Somebody PLEASE put it out.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Any slave not wanting to get beaten harder isn't worth the space they take up.

... :oops:

Wha?!??!!!?

This thread is a fcuking dumpster fire.
Bleacher Report

Somebody PLEASE put it out.
Put out a perfectly good dumpster fire at the peak of its burn?

Never!

I say...

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
Some have no choice because of a lack of money or because they drove all of the other small businesses out. I hate the latter reason. It's like the business version of 'Bambi Meets Godzilla'-

It takes a minute, but you'll see my point.

Thanks for posting- I have been a fan of Bambi versus Godzilla for decades.

I realize some people have no choice because there are no other options where they live or there are no other options where they live that are affordable. I respect those people making those decisions.

S

Stevemilleresq

Audiophyte
Hey, Jerry glad to see you back in print, and if anything no one can argue that you're inconsistent In your views or hesitation in publishing them. Hope to see more of your writing.

A

Ajarjay

Audiophyte
I’m happy to see you discussing the topic. Honestly, I’m the past I had pegged the editors of some of these articles as pretty staunch conservatives. When you assume….

I was delighted to see this article and know that some of your authors are more politically nuanced.

End of the day, right and wrong matter, and voting with dollars works, but it can oftentimes be an issue of diminishing returns. To that end, I think it’s good sometimes, but simply isn’t something you can do all the time. With Chik-fil-a, I wonder about the franchisees that just want to run a good local restaurant. With Coke, I wonder what percent of their employees do not agree with the decision of their management regarding voter rights. Ultimately, I try to stand for, and incentivize, goodness and kindness. I don’t use Facebook, I don’t do my pillow, and I don’t do hobby lobby, but I honestly don’t know the political and moral basis of many large companies, and I think the can be nuanced and complicated, therefore, it isn’t always straightforward. Nevertheless, I was happy to read your article and think we should try to do our collective best.

-Best wishes

Edigstunes

Edigstunes

Audiophyte
Revealing to see who believes they are the arbiter of "ethics", but I don't come here for biased political viewpoints, so I just ignore articles like this one.

K

Kwa

Audiophyte
My responses:

• Would you buy ungodly expensive audiophile cables from somebody that goes full Trump package to publicly make fun of people with autism and COVID-19 on Facebook?
  • A: Full Trump don’t mind ; making fun of people with disabilities no ; expensive audio cables never
  • Would you support an audiophile company that took PPP loans the same COVID-19 month that the CEO bought a new 6-figure sports car? A: Don’t care
  • Would you buy an amp from a beloved AV company that might have “borrowed” some intellectual property about said amps from a major, multi-billion-dollar, well-known industry leader? A: “Borrowed” based on whose definition?
  • Would you buy audiophile speakers from a company that publicly takes a high moral position, but has high-up executives who are adulterers on staff? A: if you mean woke self righteous virtue signaling hypocrites - don’t like them - so no
  • Is it OK for an audiophile company to paint speakers in a conservative state of the country in ways that would never meet state standards for environmental protection in your state? A: I think if you are ok buying Chinese products when equivalent US products are available you have to be ok with this one else you are a hypocrite
  • Would you buy a subwoofer from someone who owned a loosely defined patent that was well-protected by a local judge friend? A: I don’t get the question
  • Would you buy a pair of wireless headphones or an all-in-one speaker from a company that sues over trademark infringement at every possible chance, because they know that they can win because they have more billions of dollars? A: if I am correctly guessing the company the answer is no
  • Would you buy AV cables from a company that encourages the specialty AV media to drive their fleet of exotic cars before going to a fully hosted sporting event? A: Sure if they are of good quality and reasonably priced.
  • Would you buy a pair of speakers or a top-performing AV receiver from a big electronics conglomerate that supports giving instruments and lessons to kids in schools in the United States who can’t afford a music program, because their schools are so poorly funded? A: who wouldnt buy from a company like this if they sell products of good quality for the money - I would pay a bit more for equivalent product from a good company

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis